At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
Exelon Nuclear is looking for a Radiation Protection/Radwaste/Decontamination Supervisor at our Quad Cities Station in Cordova, IL (25 miles north of the Quad Cities).
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Responsible for the overall cleanliness of the radiologically posted area for the plant and the management of contamination control. Directly accountable for the stations performance in the areas of contaminated square footage and personnel contamination events.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Directly supervise the Laborers/RPTs who perform routine plant cleaning and plant, equipment and tool decontamination. This includes management of the budget, hiring, training, and overseeing work in the field.
- Accountable for managing the performance of the station in the areas of plant contaminated square footage and personnel contamination events.
- Responsible for purchasing and maintaining personnel protective clothing, including the management of laundry services.
- Accountable for benchmarking industry best practices in the areas of contamination control and incorporating these into station policies and procedures.
- High school degree.
- Minimum of 6 years experience in radiation protection at a nuclear reactor facility (ANSI 18. 1).
- Successful completion of core supervisory/management training and development programs.
- Must have demonstrated written and oral communicative skills.
- Basic computer skills required including the ability to construct charts and graphs.
- Successful completion of the NRRPT certification
- Associates or Bachelors degree in Health Physics or related discipline
- Responsible for the budgets in the areas of Laborers, protective clothing, and laundry services.
- Direct supervision of the labor force including fair implementation of the CBA and proper application of MARC principles.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster