* Works closely with the Radiation Oncologist and Radiation Therapist Lead in preparing prescribed treatment protocols.
* Prepares equipment for immobilization and treatment as well as preparing required protective devices.
* Positions the patient according to prescription for optimum exposure.
*Responsible for entering data into computer, setting controls, making equipment adjustments and regulating dosages.
* Provides necessary photography work of treatment areas.
* Assists with dosimetry procedures and tumor localization.
* Monitors patient throughout treatment for adverse reactions.
* Maintains files and charts.
Special Requirement: Some positions may require approval in accordance with Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) guidelines for unescorted access to radioactive materials.
*Education: Graduate of an accredited Radiation Therapy program.
* Certified by the American Registry of Radiological Technologists in Radiation Therapy OR eligible to sit for the exam.
* Current certification in Basic Life Support (CPR).
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom