Houston Northwest Medical Center - Houston, Texas Transporter - Radiology
Since 1973, Houston Northwest Medical center has been providing comprehensive healthcare to the North Houston communities. The hospital is known for its maternity and women's services, including a Level II Neonatal ICU, and for its cardiac care as well as bariatric and diabetes programs. In addition to its hospital emergency room, Houston North West Medical Center operates two urgent care centers Houston Northwest Medical Center
is currently accepting applications for Transporter - Radiology. Responsibilities:
- Transports patients by ambulation, wheelchair, or stretcher as directed and dependent upon
condition of patient(s).
- Instructs and assists (as needed) patients concerning proper gown or apparel for radiographic
procedures they are to receive.
- Maintains IV tubing and /or Foley catheter, in a safe position during transport.
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent patient care information to assure patient rights are
- Informs nursing unit and supervisor of any problems encountered, or observed regarding patient
- Makes sure proper infection control techniques are followed during patient transport.
- Possess the ability to tactfully deal with patients, visitors, personnel, physicians, and the general
- Maintains all transportation equipment using infection control techniques.
- Help inventory all transportation equipment at the end of each shift.
- BCLS is required
- Have the ability to adjust to varied working environments.
- Possesses knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served, including:
- Ability to transfer and transport patients in consideration of their skin integrity and fragility.
- Ability to communicate to patients in an age-appropriate manner and to appropriately involve significant others
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom