McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. McKesson Imaging & Workflow Solutions provides a range of information technology solutions for hospitals and healthcare providers of all sizes and complexity. Our solutions for enterprise imaging and diagnostic imaging (radiology, cardiology), and workflow help customers improve collaboration and productivity, optimize performance and quality, and coordinate care while helping to maximize the value of their technology.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Imaging & Workflow Solutions you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company and of healthcare. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
McKesson is currently looking for a radiology business operations consultant. The ideal candidate will be able to draw upon extensive knowledge and practical industry experience to assess and advise clients on all aspects of a diagnostic radiology operation. In depth clinical knowledge (Image acquisition, display and reporting) is not a primary pre-requisite but a general understanding of the process is expected. We are looking for an individual who understands the “business” of radiology.
Areas the consultant will be expected to analyze include:
· Demand generation – In patient ordering as well as out-patient ordering and referrals
· Departmental budgeting, development, implementation and monitoring
· Business Intelligence & Data Analytics – KPIs for driving and measuring radiology operations
· Capital equipment procurement, operational expenses, utilization
· Staffing and labor requirements, forecasting and modeling
· Quality and safety requirements in the United States
Weather it is a staffing issue, financial issue or an operational issue, the radiology business operations consultant will provide clear and actionable recommendations to our clients that provide the necessary direction to develop a transformation initiative.
· Assess all aspects of a radiology operation with a focus on the business components
· Advise clients on identified deficiencies as compared to industry best practices and reported metrics
· Serve as an engagement lead for radiology transformation activities
· Document current state operations and processes governing radiology operations
· Design future operations, processes and policies to serve as the foundation for transformational activities
· Knowledge of radiologic theory & practice, including radiation safety & applicable standards
· Strong understanding of current regulatory environment as it relates to quality and reporting.
· Familiar with the governing bodies who oversee the industry as well as key professional associations that guide performance improvement – ie ACR, MGMA, RBMA
· 7 years of progressively responsible experience in radiology operations
· Revenue Cycle Experience – The ability to direct an audit of radiology reporting and billing activities, processes and results
· Bachelors degree in related field
· MBA / MHA preferred