Valley Regional Medical Center - Brownsville, TX Radiology Technologist -Radiology Dept
Founded as Valley Community Hospital in 1975, Valley Regional Medical Center
proudly serves Brownsville and the surrounding communities. Valley Regional is committed to providing the best health care for the residents in the Rio Grande Valley. Valley Regional Medical Center
is a 214 Licensed Bed Facility with over 200 physicians representing over 25 specialties; Valley Regional Medical Center is a leader in a vast array of high quality inpatient and outpatient programs and services, including:
- 24 Hour Level III Trauma Emergency Department
- Open Heart Surgery
- Women's Services
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
is currently looking for a Radiology Technologist - Radiology Dept.
The Radiological Technologist performs a variety of technical procedures that require rational independent judgement, ingenuity, and initiative in performing standard examinations in the diagnosis and treatment of disease. Responsibilities:
1. Demonstrates competency in radiation exposure and monitoring.
2. Demonstrates competency in ALAR and dose equivalent limits.
3. Demonstrates competency and knowledge of Radiation physics.
4. Demonstrates competency with critical behaviors and age specific care.
5. Demonstrates competency with appropriate method of patient identifiers. Two ID's.
6. Demonstrates knowledge of proper radiation protection of patients and employees in accordance with ACR, NRC, and ARRT (time, distance, shielding).
7. Demonstrates knowledge of automatic exposure control (AEC)
8. Demonstrates knowledge of image processing and quality assurance.
9. Demonstrates knowledge for criteria for image evaluation.
10. Demonstrates knowledge of image distortion (magnification, OID, SID).Qualifications:
- Must have Graduated from an Accredited School of Radiology Technology with an Associates Degree or equivalent
- Must be ARRT (RT) or registry eligible. If registry eligible , must pass registry within 1 year of start date for continued employment
- Clinical experience is preferred
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom