HCA has been recognized as a World's Most Admired Company
in the Health Care Medical Facilities Industry by Fortune Magazine
. The Ambulatory Surgery Division of HCA operates and jointly owns with physicians 130 surgery centers across the United States. Our cases are performed Monday-Friday which means NO nights, NO weekends, or On-call
will be required.
The size of our surgery centers naturally creates a culture where everyone knows one another with a shared focus on providing the best possible experience for those that we serve. We are currently in search of additional members to join our team!
We value you and your future. We provide multiple health insurance plan options, tuition reimbursement, and many more programs to cover a wide variety of today's life and family needs. In addition to your salary and health insurance benefits, HCA provides a matching 401k as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP). Members of HCA receive consumer discounts on cell phones, hotels, rental cars, and many others. Interviews are being set immediately, you are encouraged to apply today! GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES
- Under the direction of a Physician, the Radiology Tech performs a variety of diagnostic radiographic procedures in compliance with established protocols to promote positive patient outcomes. DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
Qualifications: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Completes duties according to the requirements of each procedure requiring radiological support.
- Assembles necessary supplies and positioning aids for scheduling procedures according to physician's preference card.
- Tests and monitors equipment for proper working condition.
- Accurately comprehends and interprets verbal orders and direction.
- Documents records and other forms, accurately adhering to approved policies/procedures.
- Confirms that all persons in the room are appropriately shielded before activating x-ray.
- Communicates information about the patient's status to other persons responsible for patient care.
- Applies the prescribed procedures to competently perform radiology technician functions.
- Follows principles of aseptic technique in performing duties during the procedure.
- Remains available during the procedure to provide timely responses to physician or patient needs.
- Follows manufacturer's specifications and OSHA guidelines when performing x-ray procedure.
- Performs required maintenance of instruments, supplies, and equipment by adhering to cleaning care, storage, and calibration procedures as directed.
- Handles equipment and instruments correctly to provide appropriate availability and safety.
- Maintains adequate supplies to provide immediate availability during the procedure.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Actively participates in staff orientation, training, education programs, performance improvement, and quality control activities and initiatives.
- Competent and responsible in prevention of contamination and transfer of infection.
- Completes on-going continual education to improve job performance, maintain licensure/certification/registration, and stays abreast of current trends and practices.
- Meets established goals and objectives
- Follows through with work assignments and informs supervisor if unable to complete task.
AGE OF PATIENTS SERVED:
- Knowledge in detecting adverse symptomology relating to procedures or contrast related problems.
- Ability to set-up and operate a diverse variety of radiographic equipment.
- Displays knowledge of the theory, techniques of radiography, the operation and care of radiographic equipment and the principles of radiation safety.
- Displays high degree of working knowledge of the imaging equipment utilized.
- Knowledge of, observes, and complies with Center safety policies, emergency procedures, and standard precautions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to read, follow and comprehend both written and verbal instructions.
- Demonstrates good judgment in handling situations not covered by written or verbal instructions and seeks guidance as needed.
- Demonstrates ability to complete work within appropriate time frame and perform accurately and in a timely manner in periods of increased work loads and high stress.
- Demonstrates a through knowledge of work practices, policies, and procedures.
- This position requires competence in assessment, treatment, and/or care for the age groups indicated. The staff member must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, based on physical, psycho/social, educational, safety, and related criteria, appropriate to the age for the patients served in his/her assigned service area. The skills and knowledge needed to provide such care may be gained through education, training or experience.
Birth - 1 year (infant), 1 - 13 years (childhood), 13 - 16 years (adolescent), 17 - 64 years (adult), 65 - Life Span (geriatric)
Graduate of accredited school of radiology (required). EXPERIENCE:
Minimum two (2) years required; preferably in an operating room or surgery center setting. CERTIFICATE/LICENSE/REGISTRATION:
ARRT (R), BLS required; state license as required; Specialty certifications may be required as per state guidelines and/or modality.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom