Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center and the Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children, located in the heart of Denver, Colorado, serves as a regional tertiary referral center for a multi-state area. We feature over 80 specialties and 1,000 specialists and primary care physicians. For over 125 years, we have been meeting the healthcare needs of patients and their families from across the Rocky Mountains and Great Plains, and from around the world.
Our staff provides compassionate and innovative care while working along side of top physicians and helping some of the most challenging and rewarding surgical and medical patients. Licensed for 680 beds, P/SL is the largest hospital in Colorado.
The Radiologic Technologist
conducts radiologic procedures to provide data to assist in the diagnosis of patients. The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
- Operates x-ray equipment to make radiographs of designated portions of the body.
- Under the supervision of a Radiologist, performs x-ray therapy on patients.
- Explains procedures to patients and addresses their concerns.
- Positions patients utilizing immobilization devices.
- May administer barium salts or other chemical mixtures.
- Operates stationary equipment and/or portable equipment used in the Emergency Department, Operating Room and at patient bedside..
- Takes pictures and develops film.
- Monitors, records and communicates as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Utilizes knowledge of age specific needs of patient in performance of duties and responsibilities.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Practices radiation protection techniques to minimize radiation to patient and staff.
- Provides a safe environment for administering contrast material.
- Assists with transporting patients.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Graduate of an accredited program for Radiographers.
- ARRT Certification
- Current state licensure or permit to practice medical imagining
- Current Certification in Basic Life Support
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom