Wells Fargo Securities - Rates Marketing
Primary responsibilities include:
- Manage coverage for Corporate Derivatives with responsibility for a specific sector or industry segments
- Help build the franchise for the Interest Risk Management business and grow revenue in line with defined goals for the specific coverage space(s)
- Contribute to the overall team goals set for our Corporate Derivatives team
- Maintain consistent, professional, and value-added client coverage
- Build strong working relationships with all banking and product partners
- Ensure strong partnerships with relationship Line of Business senior management
- Partner effectively with all support areas to deliver superior customer service
- Help train, mentor, coach and develop strong talent and drive a team to achieve financial goals
- Ensure compliance with all new Dodd-Frank and Other regulatory rules and help guide team to improve process to meet market practices as they develop
- Understand competitive landscape in the derivative industry and position your team to succeed in that environment
- Support strong cultural development and integration with the broader Rates, Markets, WFS, and Wholesale platform
- Train and develop strong talent amongst the Rates Marketing team
This position is subject to Dodd-Frank Background Screening Requirements, including successful completion and clearing of a background screen. Applicants are subject to a new screen to comply with Title VII of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act which states that Associated Persons (AP) cannot be subject to statutory disqualification. Under industry regulations, an AP is defined as a team member who solicits or accepts client orders for swaps. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and are required to report certain incidents.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 7+ years of experience in capital markets, industry experience within the specific sector of the position, or a combination of both
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- 10+ years of Corporate Derivative or Capital Markets experience.
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding individual and team sales goal
- Deep understanding and relevant knowledge of Derivative modeling and pricing, CVA, Basel III Capital, Credit and Risk metrics for derivatives
- Strong understanding and experience with ISDA and other relevant documentation
- Broad knowledge and understanding of financial markets and debt capital markets
- Ability to partner with all critical constituents of the derivative process, including operations, compliance, legal, documentation, trading, etc. to assist in meeting clients hedging needs
- Strong understanding of and ability to navigate Dodd-Frank regulations
- Understanding of competitive landscape in the derivative industry
- Results-oriented, with demonstrated ability to meet and exceed sales targets
- Ability to lead and develop a strong sales culture and train future sales leaders
- Ability to build strong relationships throughout Wells Fargo lines of business and with senior management
- Must have sound business judgment
- Ability to communicate effectively and with various levels within the organization, both verbally and in writing
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills, strong analytical, problem-solving
- Professional demeanor
- Self-starter behavior and able to recognize opportunities for improvement in the business and to act on those opportunities
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
A little about us:
Wells Fargo is committed to hiring and retaining active military personnel and veterans. Our goal is to employ 20,000 veterans by 2020.