Location: Toledo, Ohio - United States OC Business Title
: Procurement Specialist (Sr Supply Chain Sourcing Prof)Job Title
: Raw Materials BuyerJob Code(s)
: Revision Date
: 1/16/2017 PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Raw Materials Buyer is responsible for the development and procurement of raw materials. Through the use of analytics, this individual will provide insight towards improving supplier lead times, order quantities, and inventory management that results in working capital savings and cost reduction. This role requires excellent communication skills and the ability to coordinate activities across functional areas as well as with vendors, carriers and plant personnel. Reports to
: ISB Raw Material Procurement and Business Analytics Team LeaderSpan of Control
: Individual role with assigned responsibilitiesJOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Procures raw materials for insulation plants to support finished goods production schedule
- Acts as a liaison between production planning, operations, and external suppliers in managing the supply of raw materials
- Creates and maintains master data in SAP including material master, vendor master, info records etc.
- Maintains and manages supply-demand balances and inventory levels of key raw materials
- Executes inventory management principles
- Continuously improves sourcing processes with the objective of eliminating waste and minimizing manual system workarounds
- Leads productivity projects for raw materials
- Monitor goods receipts not invoiced (GRNI's) and kick outs to ensure suppliers are paid promptly, root cause and take action to prevent future recurrences
Plant Partnership and Impact
- Develop influential working relationship with the plant and key business partners by providing insight and advice that consistently improves thinking and decision-making processes and outcomes.
- Deeply understands the requirements and constraints of the plant and acts decisively to shape its outcome by influencing suppliers, transportation & sourcing through execution. Takes initiative and articulates ideas passionately and persuasively.
Insights and Analysis
- Provide effective and timely information, thoughtful business insights/analytics and business performance evaluations to ensure the business meets their operations plan
- Identify value creation opportunities and risks the business must address. Build credible business plans and ensure the correct amount of resources exist to mitigate risk or realize opportunities
Cross - functional leadership and team contribution
JOB REQUIREMENTSMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Develops and build relationships with key partners inside and outside the organization
- Collaborate with suppliers, commodity leaders, science & technology and plants to ensure corporate objectives are achieved
- Translates business and organizational strategy into day-to-day priorities and actions
- Continuously improves total cost by identifying and acting to capture cost reduction opportunities
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain management, business or a related field
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- 2-5 years' experience in a sourcing, procurement, supply chain, customer service, or materials management role preferred
About Owens Corning
- Critical thinking, analytical skills and problem solving
- Can operate in a fast paced, day to day operations work environment
- Excellent communication skills
- A sense of curiosity
- Able to work independently and with a team in a matrix environment
- The ability to manage multiple activities, manage projects, and effectively communicate results
- High work standards / quality
- Decision making capabilities a must
- General supply chain and business acumen
- SAP and Microsoft computer skills
- Highly motivated and results driven
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company's market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 16,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 62 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com .A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we'll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
Founded in 1938, Owens Corning is a market-leading innovator of glass-fiber technology