About the company
A career at the company offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, the company colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. the company, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
As a Raw Material Handler in a blend room, you will work in a controlled environment and manually add raw ingredients into a blender. This activity involves verifying and sorting weighed ingredients, assembling/disassembling a sifter, operating pallet jack scales, loading weighed material, operating blending and related equipment and cleaning in an efficient manner as needed to meet the production schedule. The work involves lifting up to 50 lb. containers on a regular basis and moving pallets of material with a hand truck. A thorough understanding of each job function within the work center is essential. Strong math skills along with a sense of urgency and the ability to work unsupervised are required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Follow work instructions and a batch record to organize weighed raw ingredients before beginning the blending process
• Verify label information and load raw ingredient into a blender in the order specified in the batch record.
• Assemble/disassemble sifter as required.
• Discharge finished powder into totes.
• Maintain a safe and clean working environment at all times to prevent cross contamination
• Maintain acceptable attendance.
• Maintains and cleans equipment as dictated by internal procedures and system recommendations.
• Perform all necessary documentation including: required batch record entries, cleaning forms, room logs, work orders, etc.
• Ability to work unsupervised.
• Comply with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), sanitation procedures and general housekeeping as well as all safety practices and procedures.
• Production Area Cleanliness. Ensure appropriate cleans are performed which will include mopping floors, cleaning walls, sanitizing tools and equipment and operating various cleaning equipment.
• Lead quick and efficient changeovers to minimize room down time
• Communicate effectively up and down the Chain of Command.
Minimum of a High school diploma or general education degree (GED); with a minimum of 1-3 years' experience working in a manufacturing environment. Candidate must have strong math skill and the ability to write clearly and accurately. Knowledge and understanding of GMP's and Food Sanitation in a food or dietary supplement manufacturing plant with blending experience is strongly preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to communicate effectively with both supervisors and co-workers
Ability to accurately calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume; Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is required to stand and walk. The employee is also required to reach with arms, use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must be able to operate heavy machinery and is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Must be available to work any shift and extended time. Will work on weekends as required. May be assigned to work on holidays and shutdown.
Other Information - Internal
Colleagues who are issued an Incident Final Warning (IFW) on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date an IFW is issued.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
the company is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. the company also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. the company is an E-Verify employer.
A little about us:
Join Pfizer in our mission to find sustainable solutions to the most urgent health care challenges of our time. Your service is needed.