Our ambition is to provide world-class expertise in Scientific Information & Technology solutions, and to "Make IT inspire R&D
" through the following mission:
- Increase productivity and creative insights - simple, easy to use IT solutions that delight
- Support informed decision making - bringing together the right information at the right time
- Build future competitive advantage - through our expertise in science, technology and information
In delivering to this mission, R&D Information requires people with hybrid skill sets of technical ability and knowledge of the R&D processes.Key Accountabilities for Senior Solution Delivery Leader role
The role holder should deliver tangible and measurable value to MEDIMMUNE, IMED and GMD business units (depending on role and assignment), by taking a leading role in RDI Delivery of Scientific IT solutions via Programmes/Projects and/or Services
The successful candidate will be expected to:
Skills and Capability
- Establish strong working relationships with scientific customer groups to develop an in-depth understanding of business priorities and early insight into changing needs in order to inform and shape demand.
- Lead and manage significant program or projects within our account portfolio. This will include accountability for delivery and management of stakeholder engagement.
- Use deep specialist knowledge and understanding of business direction and priorities to drive innovative solutions to issues and challenges faced by the customer area.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of IT portfolio of services and projects aligned with the drug development business and strategies.
- Lead and Develop the capabilities (methods, processes, best practices etc.) in at least one of the Programme-, Project-, Service Management, Business Analysis, or Business Relationship Management capabilities.
- Support less experienced Project/Service Managers and/or Business Analysts in the execution of their duties.
- Deliver excellent services to science business units, and support service management activities to ensure that services are delivered in accordance with Service Level Agreements and business requirements.
R&D Domain KnowledgeProfessional
Individual is able to cope with unusual/non-standard problems and issues, is aware of alternative options and approaches to situations, can guide or advise others in this skill and is able to look ahead and anticipate requirements. Could be Expert in one area or Professional across several approaches. Takes responsibility for providing feedback to improve methodology, etc.
Draws on their various past experiences which are in both preclinical and clinical areas.
Understands the big picture and identifies key deliverables along the way.
Helps project teams to move through the various stages and decision points.
Deep knowledge and experience in specific disease or therapy area, or able to apply skills to more than one disease or therapy area.
Individual is up-to-date with all relevant knowledge in therapy area, individual has a good understanding of the literature and competitive information relevant to the area of expertise.
Deep knowledge and experience in area of expertise. Possibly expanding role out to apply skills to more than one scientific domain.
Knowledge of the scientific domain allows the individual to act independently to work with relevant data sources, systems and tools to solve problems and derive knowledge to enable project progression
Individual is up-to-date with all relevant knowledge in domain, individual has a good understanding of the literature and developments relevant to the area of expertise.
skills in one and Professional
in two of:
- Project Management
- Business Relationship Management
- Business Analysis
- Service management
skill level in at least one of:
- systems engineering
- service delivery
- informatics or data science
- Significant project delivery and Business Analysis experience
- Influencing and Innovation skills
- Good communication skills and facilitation skills with the ability to work with others to achieve objectives.
- The role will report to a capability leader within the account team
- Direct line reports
- The role will include leadership and management of significant programmes or projects that will entail task management of team members
Individual is externally recognised expert and visionary in field and influences industry methodology. Sets organisational strategy for whole of AZ.Expert
Individual is recognised as expert and visionary in the field, setting direction and strategy. Provides a visible example to others, and is a 'thought leader' in the field (e.g. shows advanced thinking, develops innovative approaches). Stretches others' thinking and challenges them to excel.Professional
Individual is able to cope with unusual/non-standard problems and issues, is aware of alternative options and approaches to situations, can guide or advise others in this skill and is able to look ahead and anticipate requirements. Could be Expert in one area or Professional across several approaches. Takes responsibility for providing feedback to improve methodology, etc.Competent
Individual is able to cope with standard problems/common situations, is competent at day-to-day application of the capability, and is able to apply and present concepts, information and solutions.Foundation
Individual uses relevant capability and is dependent on others for direction when facing something new or unusual.
Apply now to learn more about this exciting opportunity with a world renowned pharmaceutical brand!
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.