Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects. I. Job Summary
Provide support for the WM Real Estate team with all aspects of real estate transactions, including interacting with purchasers/sellers, service providers, attorneys, agents, escrow and title companies. II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Coordinate transaction closings and conveyance documents including preparation of internal notifications of purchase and sale transactions.
- Prepare funding requests for purchase transactions including approval documentation, closing statements, verify tax proration's, etc.
- Assist with title research, resolutions of liens, redemption of taxes, consolidation or subdivision of land and grants of easements.
- Research ownership, lien status, zoning, permits for business acquisitions and divestitures.
- Provide assistance with project management, abstracts of acquired property for database, liason for corporate authority and proof of corporate succession.
- Ensure transactions are executed within compliance of the Authorization Matrix and documented appropriately for Sarbanes-Oxley and Internal Controls testing.
This job has no supervisory duties. IV. Qualifications
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Associate's Degree (accredited) in Paralegal emphasis, or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and two years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: Ten years of relevant work experience (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
V. Work Environment
- Candidate must possess a strong working knowledge with Microsoft office products.
- Ideal candidate must have strong oral and written communication skills. Highly detailed oriented.
- Experience with case or matter management systems and reporting tools.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
Waste Management, Inc. is North America's leading provider of integrated environmental solutions.