The Director - Real Estate is responsible for directing all aspects of real estate activities across the Division supporting the West, Northern California/Nevada, and Norpac Regions. Specifically focused on the following: developing & maintaining a division real estate strategic plan, consulting with Division/Region company business leaders, providing guidance on real estate related transactions including new/renewal lease negotiations, site selection, zoning, special permitting, property acquisitions, sales. Also, coordinates with environmental group, and capital projects.
Additionally, the Director will ensure the real estate property database is updated on a timely basis and provides periodic reporting on key property statistics, metrics, and other important real estate information. The Director Real Estate operates with a thorough understanding of all real estate matters. Lastly, this position relies on extensive knowledge of real estate risk, safety issues and has the ability to collaborate with Region operating and safety teams to remediate issues. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties. Required Education:
- Works with Regional Company management to develop and execute a real estate strategic plan for each market.
- Conduct annual real estate meetings to review property anticipated transactions, i.e. close, relocate, etc. and location maintenance requirements to support and the development of annual operating and capital budget and location workplan. Collaborate with local management supporting the workplan roll-out.
- Support Regional company real estate transactions, including the lease origination and renewal negotiations purchase and sale of owned properties, and relocation/combination of owned/leased properties.
- Provide, support and/or coordinate with 3 rd party real estate professionals market analysis and valuations, economic incentives, capital expenditure business case support, construction/architecture contracts, easement issues, condemnations, insurance requirements, M&R issues, landlord relationships, estoppels, SNDA's, expense reconciliations, real estate tax issues, and rail agreements.
- Perform real estate due diligence associated with business acquisitions as well as monitor any amendments that occurred through negotiations.
- Coordinate with Safecor related to new facilities and/or changes in safety policy.
- Select and engage outside brokers, attorneys, environmental consultants and other advisors, coordinating activities and other internal ARG functions, i.e. legal, environmental as needed.
- Update/maintain the Company's real estate data base in a timely manner and provide periodic reporting related to lease expiration dates, properties under development, properties held for sale and other important information.
- Collaborate with the Division Manager of Compliance in evaluating and upgrading security of branch and plant locations.
- Build strong relationships with the Division and Region management teams.
- Lead the Division's efforts to ensure compliance to standards with the Company's financial policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in business administration preferred.
• Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) or Certified Property Manager (CPM) certification preferred Required Length & Type of Experience:
• 5 to 10 years management level experience in commercial real estate/facility management required.
• Management experience in positions of increasing responsibility Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (KSA's):
• Strong technical background with real estate transaction experience knowledge and understanding of state/local regulatory requirements, permitting, zoning, construction, architectural contracts, easements and insurance requirements.
• Ability to manage multiple levels of priorities between divisional, local and corporate management and demands
• Strong presentation skills and the ability to guide and influence senior leadership.
• Demonstrate the leadership skills and a customer service mindset required to drive continuous cross-functional improvement of processes to maximize the Division's performance.
• Strong organizational, team-building, and people skills. The ability to work and navigate within a complex matrixed organization.
• Must be capable of operating independently, but readily seek the counsel of others, when necessary.
• Some construction project experience is preferred
• Ability to work under pressure effectively, efficiently and collaboratively driving project and contractual timelines ensuring on-budget/on-schedule completion.
• Understanding of real estate demographics, site development, site selection and financial transactions
• Strong communication and negotiation skills.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Employer will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.