The Real Estate, Facilities and EH&S Procurement Lead will be responsible for partnering with Senior Directors, Directors and functional leads to drive strategic sourcing activities supporting Real Estate, Facilities and Environmental Health and Safety projects. This role will also be responsible for supplier management and will own and lead medium to larger sourcing projects within the category.
Category Knowledge: Specific sub-categories within scope include but are not limited to: RE Consulting and Brokerage Services, Leasing, Waste Removal, Cleaning, Cafeteria Services, Security, Move and Space Planning, Utilities and other facilities related goods and services for manufacturing and office spaces on a global basis. The preferred candidate will have intermediate to expert experience in these categories.
Strategic Sourcing: Experience with the various sourcing tools and analytical methods commonly practiced and used within a world-class Global Procurement organization.
Skills and Knowledge: Demonstrated / proven typical skills and knowledge required to contribute to a Global Procurement organization.
Span of Control: The position is global in scope and will be expected to manage a total expenditure of $100-$200M. The individual may be required to implement a global sourcing strategy into local market(s).
As procurement influence is still growing within Shire, the role will need to work closely with the functional business units to create value added category strategies and hold strong sourcing events. The candidate will need to have excellent interpersonal, communications and problem solving skills. They should display a passion for strategic sourcing, supply management and operational procurement.
50%: Category Management & Delivery
- Identify future procurement projects to management by working collaboratively with stakeholders and through category strategy.
- Co-develop and execute Sourcing Strategies with the Business, advising and guiding the process to the best-fit approach, tactics and tools (e.g. outcome-based specifications, RFP/RFI/RFQ builds, E-auctions, KPI/SLA development).
- Contribute to raising standards of vendor management (e.g. Post Contract Management (PCM)) by implementing it with key suppliers.
- Deliver excellence in front-end procurement activities, including market research, demand management, spend analytics, Category Strategy development, negotiation, E-Procurement , stakeholder engagement.
- Deliver procurement activities, including enabling the Business to self-serve Post Contract Management (PCM), KPI & SLA development and tracking, Stakeholder engagement, Communications, Risk and Supplier Relationship Management (SRM).
- Utilize established tools/systems & adheres to all Shire policies.
25%: Processes, Metrics & Execution
- Contribute to the development of robust metrics, methods and systems and inputs feedback from stakeholders
- Use market research to ensure that Shire stays abreast of latest market cost/value/innovation developments per Category.
- Ensure compliance to policies and Audit remediation.
- Responsible for the negotiation and contract management process
- Responsible with the Client for the timely procurement of contract services required for company operations.
15%: Supplier Relations
- Enable Shire to get the best out of its suppliers by working in partnership with them for mutual good business.
- Help the Business conduct post contract management (PCM) and facilitate supplier relationship management (SRM) with key (top 20%) suppliers.
- Ensure Procurement, the Business and Suppliers conduct business ethically, and within the Company's Anti Bribery and Corruption and FCPA guidelines. Alert the leadership to any improper practice.
10%: Client/Internal Relations
- Focused on a target audience of Operational level stakeholders to gain support & buy-in to executing plans. Engage procurement executives as appropriate.
- Ability to explain procurement practices, benefits to the organization, the value of Supplier Relationship Management participation in this post contract management.
25% of Time Processes, Metrics & Execution
15% Supplier Relations
Education & Experience Requirements:
• BA or BS required.
• 5 to 10 years of industry experience and demonstrated subject matter expertise & success in Facilities and Real Estate Management; experience in the Biotech industry preferred but not required.
• Demonstrated ability of working with cross functional teams in a complex, changing environment to deliver value-added results to the organization.
• Demonstrated ability of Category Management.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate ideas and influence others.
• Indirect functional expertise and role.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver value-added results to the organization by applying financial analysis principles and procurement discipline.
• Demonstrated ability to apply Shire's operating philosophy, policies and procedures
• Excellent oral, written, presentation and data analysis skills.
• Self-motivated to drive results with proven business and financial acumen.
•Up to 15% domestic and international travel may be required.
Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We strive to develop best-in-class products across our core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Ophthalmics, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal/Internal Medicine/Endocrine, Hereditary Angioedema, and Oncology.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire is an equal opportunity employer. Shire evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law - Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Shire is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
A little about us:
At Shire, we help people with rare diseases and specialized conditions live their lives to the fullest.