Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
The Global Performance Group ("GPG")
is responsible for the compilation, analysis and reporting of performance investment data for real estate products. GPG is part of Real Estate Fund Services within the State Street Global Services' Alternative Investment Solutions division. The department consists of 15 Accounting/Finance professionals (9 located in the Atlanta office and 6 in the Hangzhou, China office). GPG serves as the one centralized resource for providing our clients and their investors with aggregated statistics and key metrics for all types of real estate products within a full spectrum of fund type, strategy, and geography. The team has an in-depth knowledge of the various fund structures, investor LP agreements, financial reporting, investment make-up, and investor base of our clients' real estate funds. This subject matter expertise is utilized to provide value-added, customized reporting and response to inquiries from our clients and their investors. The group is positioned for growth, as Real Estate Fund Services continues to add large real estate advisors as clients.GPG
is responsible for deliverables to clients, investors, and 3 rd parties, including:
- Investor/Consultant Quarterly Reporting.
- Ad-hoc Investor and Client Requests.
- Client Executive Management Reports & Analysis.
- Business Plan Process Coordination / Valuation Committee Materials.
- Portfolio Management and Asset Management Support.
- Marketing Presentations and Fund Raising.
- Industry Publications.
- Offering Memorandums.
is the "gatekeeper" of our clients' real estate data and ensures that information is reported in conformity with industry and client standards. The group runs and manages numerous processes to collect, consolidate, validate, and analyze data on a monthly and quarterly basis, as we obtain it from both our client's systems and our State Street Fund Accounting systems. We work closely with these external and internal departments to ensure transactions and activities are captured and recorded correctly, as they are entered into our data warehouse. We have created and continually maintain and enhance our Global Performance Database ("GPD") to facilitate data analysis and produce reporting deliverables. GPG
is very process-oriented to ensure the highest quality in our performance reporting; however we operate in an extremely dynamic environment. GPG serves as the go-to group for numerous ad-hoc requests from client senior management, investors, and consultants. In this capacity, we have high exposure to current issues affecting the real estate funds and investors, and provide a critical value-added service to analyze and identify trends in investment and fund performance. In addition to recurring deliverables and ad-hoc requests, GPG identifies issues revolving around reporting and collaborates with client management to create, define, and implement performance reporting methodologies. GPG also continuously evaluates the approach in reporting and calculating performance data, and the efficiency and effectiveness of the processes involved, often re-engineering our processes to keep them relevant and to maximize efficiency and effectiveness. Position Description Title
: Real Estate Senior AssociateScope of Responsibilities:
- Prepare, analyze, and report performance data for investors, investments and assets across client real estate products, globally. Continuously manage deadlines and reprioritize responsibilities to meet deliverable deadlines.
- Interpret and prepare responses and analysis for ad hoc requests from clients and investors/consultants. Work with clients and investors to interpret requests, research responses and provide alternative solutions when needed. Liaise with data owners and fund management to create consistent, appropriate responses.
- Prepare quarterly investor reporting. Preparation of fund level and investor specific reports using financial statement data, investor commitments, cash flows, performance metrics, and descriptive data. This reporting is used by large US institutional investors' consultants, who seek robust reporting above and beyond the standard financial statement package.
- Prepare management reporting to clients (Real Estate Investment Advisor Funds) using financial statement data, commitments, cash flows, returns, and attribution analysis for key products. Calculation of AUM and diversified reporting.
- Responsible for monthly and quarterly processes to maintain data in data warehouse used for numerous external deliverables.
- Serve as a subject matter expert and consultant on technical aspects of fund accounting, finance, and operational aspects for global real estate products.
- Liaise with the following departments: fund controllers, investment controllers, investor services, capital transactions, asset management, portfolio management, legal, marketing.
- Responsible for responding to external RFP's, industry publications and surveys.
- Assist in researching, developing, and implementing product-wide policies/procedures, company standards, and performance reporting methodologies.
- Manipulate data from a variety of sources, conforming to reporting requirements and methodologies.
- Load and validate source data into Global Performance Database, perform analytics on key metrics.
Qualifications Skills Required:
- Strong analytical, organizational and documentation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities.
- Exhibit a strong sense of urgency, accountability, ownership, and follow-up of projects.
- Effective management of multiple responsibilities and competing priorities.
- Possess a polished professional demeanor.
- Proactive and self-motivated (a go-getter).
- Proficiency in Excel and other windows-based software (Excel formulas, macros, pivot tables).
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance from a known and accredited institution.
- Approximately 3-6 years of relevant experience, public accounting and/or non-public accounting industry experience.
Job Opening ID
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.