Real Estate Paralegal
Brighter futures start here. Welcome to BrightView. We're a team of talented professionals, driven by results and relationships, and committed to taking care of each other, clients, and communities.
BrightView was recently formed through the combination of landscape industry pioneers and leaders, Brickman and ValleyCrest. This defining event united more than 140 years of experience, an extraordinary portfolio of high-profile projects and clients, and a vast, national network of expertise and innovation. As one and true to our name, we're reinventing the industry while affording our 22,000+ team members access to the most comprehensive training, resources, benefits, mentorship, and opportunities for career advancement.
A brighter future is in your hands. We're currently seeking a Real Estate Paralegal. The position will support the Senior Director of Real Estate.
The position requires a strong understanding of commercial real estate and industrial leasing matters. This role performs document review and analysis, legal drafting and negotiation of leases, and ancillary leasing documents (such as assignments, renewal amendments and landlord consent and waiver agreements), estoppel certificates, SNDAs, and purchase and sale contracts for the successful and continued operation of the company's assets for a portfolio of 300+ commercial properties, owned and leased.
What you'll do:
- Draft, review, and analyze lease agreements for commercial industrial premises based on approved business terms.
- Perform necessary due diligence for satisfaction of acquisitions pre-closing conditions.
- Utilize, manage, and maintain the company's electronic lease management system, including communicate changes to and tracking critical dates for existing leases and contracts to various functional groups.
- Draft, maintain, update, and revise real estate department forms, policies and procedures.
- Act as a liaison between the legal department and other departments, and landlords with respect to leasing and contractual matters.
- Draft communication/notices to landlords and property managers.
- Research and submit zoning, occupancy, use permit applications
- Incorporate vision, forward looking focus, best practices and project management concepts into the lease administration processes and procedures.
- Contribute to organizational, process, and procedural review and changes to increase departmental efficiencies.
- Ability to work autonomously and exercise appropriate time management to respond to shifting demands, and present a positive, professional image with colleagues, landlords, and vendors.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned
- A minimum of three years of experience in commercial real estate leasing matters with corporate real estate department or real estate law firm
- Previous experience in industrial leasing strongly preferred
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- Completion of paralegal training program or additional legal specialty coursework
- Paralegal Certification strongly preferred
- Experience in legal contract drafting, negotiation and administration
- Strong analytical skills
- Advanced level proficiency with Microsoft Office Word
- Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Office Excel
- Strong oral, written and presentation communication skills
- Strong problem-solving and negotiation skills
- Contract Management implementation and management background required
- Self-motivated, works equally well independently and with a team in a multi-tasking, dynamic, team oriented environment
- High level of professionalism and integrity. Must be trustworthy and able to handle complete confidentiality and discretion in business relationships and exercise sound business judgment
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, organization, priority setting and time-management skills
- Good customer and task focus coupled with interpersonal savvy and perseverance skills
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and coordinate numerous complex and time-critical activities simultaneously
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
BrightView Landscapes, LLC is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.Job ID
13168 Date posted
A little about us:
Redefining the landscape industry