What you’ll be doing...
Verizon Global Real Estate is seeking a Change Manager to lead the continued evolution of our business-enabling, workplace strategies. The Change Manager will be responsible for creating, implementing and driving an evolving change strategy and methodology related to the Activity Based Workplace as well as transformational and strategic Global Real Estate projects where needed. This includes maximizing employee engagement by shifting workplace perceptions to those that embody the brand and culture of a dynamic technology company.
The Change Manager will have supervisory responsibility over a small team and will also need to assert ownership over the process and work effectively with a network of internal and external team members to be successful. The Change Manager will act as the primary coach for leaders and executives to help them fulfill the role of change sponsor, as well as provide direct support/coaching to front-line managers to enable them to lead the change in their organizations. You will also insure Global Real Estate project teams in integrating the change management strategy and activities into their project plans.
- Process Mindset - Apply a structured change management approach and methodology to drive consistent, actionable and measurable results.
- Requirements Gathering - Insure that business requirements are accurately defined, business implications and impacts of initiatives (including on cultural dynamics) are understood, and leadership decisions regarding change initiatives are informed through appropriate analysis and recommendations.
- Stakeholder Analysis - Work with key stakeholders to identify and anticipate potential points of resistance; develop counter-strategies to reduce resistance and foster positive acceptance of change.
- Continuous Improvement - Champion, implement, and constantly drive appropriate evolution of the change management methodology in accordance with Verizon business strategies.
- Measurement/Control - Create and implement reinforcement mechanisms to engage and enable the business to successfully accept and adopt the transformation.
- Scheduling - Work with project teams to integrate change management activities into the overall project plan and in a timely matter.
- Training - Establish, train and manage a “change agent network” comprised of individuals from the business units being impacted.
- Communication - Support the execution of communication plans by employee-facing managers and business leaders.
- Other – Team with other Global Real Estate groups such as, Strategic Planning, Design & Construction and Communications to support effective project delivery.
What we’re looking for...
You will need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Five or more years of experience leading change.
- Knowledge of Real Estate processes in a corporate environment.
- Knowledge of planning, space plans and data analytics.
- Experience using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project): experience with corporate real estate systems and knowledge of graphic design and data visualization.
Even better if you have:
- A Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Business, Project/Construction Management or relevant discipline.
- A Master’s degree.
- Strong project management acumen – Project management strategies and tactic, tools and phases of the project lifecycle.
- Communication – Excellent skills, both written and verbal, with the capability to effectively articulate vision, strategy and implementation.
- Leader/Team player - Able to work effectively at all levels of the organization as well as to influence others to achieve a common vision or goals.
- Analytical ability - Strong analytical ability particularly involving problem solving. Ability to translate business requirements into behavioral, work space or process/system solutions.
- Six Sigma Certified.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.