Real Estate Tax Senior Manager
We are seeking a Tax Senior Manager for our Real Estate group. We serve a broad array of real estate owners, developers and investors including: public and private companies, homebuilders, real estate opportunity funds, hotel companies, private equity firms, REITs (Real Estate Investment Trusts), and brokerage companies. Our people work on key client issues in domestic federal taxation, with a focus on implementing tax strategies that align with the client's business objectives. As a Tax Senior Manager you will help lead and manage our growth, identify and seize new business opportunities, supervise staff and work closely with the partners. Our real estate practice/expertise includes all aspects of the real estate ownership "life cycle" from acquisition due diligence to disposition and related federal and multi-state income tax compliance and implications for its owners.
- Review and supervision of the preparation of client tax returns including primarily Form 1065 but also some review of Forms 1040, 1120, 1120S and 1120-REIT as necessary. Assisting clients with mergers and acquisitions, including tax due diligence, tax structuring and purchase accounting issues
- Ability to analyze the impact of transactions on client's investors, including issues associated with tax-exempt investors
- Ability to manage within budgetary and time constraints while providing a high-level of client satisfaction
- Lead and manage the business relationship of complex engagements with a focus on high-value quality tax advice and seek to expand services to clients
- Keeping abreast of changes in industry regulation, maintain competency through continuing education and obtaining additional professional certifications
- Keeping lines of communication open with staff and clients
- Attracting, developing, and retaining staff
- Providing appropriate and timely performance feedback to those supervised
- Drive growth and profitability of industry/specialty area by generating new revenue on existing client portfolio, cross selling and new clients for the tax practice
- CPA Required
- Masters of Taxation or MBA a plus
- Significant experience working with real estate clients dealing with complex technical tax issues such as, complex section 704(b) and (c) allocations, debt financed distributions, minimum gain debt allocations, section 754 elections and resulting basis adjustments, technical terminations, etc.
- 8+ years progressively responsible public accounting experience
- Successful candidates will possess ability to plan client engagements, provide tax consulting services, supervise and review work of team staff members, work closely with clients as well as internal managers and partners
- Significant experience in review, research and tax planning
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience developing and presenting training materials to clients and staff
- Knowledge of real estate funds, unrelated business taxable income and REITs a plus
A little about us:
The leading provider of audit, tax & consulting services focused on the middle market.