Under general direction of project engagement leads, the candidate will provide clinical and statistical programming expertise to health economics and outcomes research studies in support of pharmaceutical, biotech, and device technologies. The candidate will serve as the content developer for the implementation and reporting of burden of illness, comparative effectiveness, health resource utilization and cost studies and other database analyses within Real World Evidence. Primary focus is on retrospective database analyses and data analytics. Analysis of prospective observational studies within Real World Evidence and analytics support of projects within other Xcenda Service Lines is expected. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications: EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Serve as the programmer/analyst/researcher for health economics and outcomes research studies - from study initiation to final reporting - under the direction of the project engagement lead.
- Responsible for data validation and analytic file creation utilizing SAS, conduct of statistical analyses utilizing SAS, Stata, and other relevant software, and production of data tables and graphs using MS Excel, SAS, and Stata.
- Develop content for study protocols, study reports, slide decks, abstracts, posters, publications, and other presentation of scientific findings.
- Contribute to the development of SAS macros and other SAS and Stata programming standards and conventions to ensure consistency and efficiency across the department and to maintain the highest quality output consistent with Xcenda's mission and vision.
- Conduct sample size and power analyses in support of proposal and protocol development.
- Conduct data queries and analyses for other Xcenda service lines (e.g., GHEOR, Reimbursement Strategy and Tactics, Strategic Market Insights)
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and completeness of all services
- Maintain 80-90% chargeability
Masters or doctoral degree in Health Economics, Outcomes Research, Health Services Research, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Pharmacy Administration, or other relevant discipline. New graduates to highly experienced candidates are encouraged to apply. MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Practical experience in database management and statistical analysis using SAS-BASE and SAS-STAT; Stata experience a plus.
- Demonstrated familiarity with the analysis of healthcare claims databases and/or electronic medical records.
- Broad technical knowledge of outcomes research and health economics
- Excellent writing and verbal skills with the ability to communicate complex material during presentations and discussions in a straightforward manner
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong work ethic
- Function as a team player
Xcenda, a business unit of AmerisourceBergen Corporation, is an integrated, world-class health care consulting organization focused on value, reimbursement and patient access. For more than 2 decades, Xcenda has helped global biopharmaceutical companies as well as emerging early-phase firms successfully commercialize innovative medical treatments and technologies in complex and cost-constrained global markets. Our broad, yet strategically connected, array of consulting services supports all phases of the product lifecycle. Our experts provide customized solutions and innovative approaches that discover and communicate the value of pharmaceuticals and other healthcare technologies. Why Xcenda
As a member of the Xcenda team, you will be working, learning, and teaching alongside intelligent, collaborative, and experienced professionals who are inspired by what they do and highly motivated to make a difference. Whether you join us in one of our core locations: Tampa, Charlotte, San Francisco, Washington D.C. or Hanover, Germany - or work remotely like many of our Associates, you will experience what we call "Commitment that Counts" - a mindset and attitude we all share. It is the commitment that we have to our clients, to each other, and to the patients we serve that makes Xcenda such a special and unique organization and more than just a place to work. We are a group of highly motivated people -- all dedicated experts in what they do -- - who value accountability, collaboration, customer focus, innovation, integrity, and passion. We believe life is meant to be pursued and enjoyed through creative thinking, ethics and bringing an entrepreneurial spirit to everything we do.
Share in our commitment to excellence. Play a vital role in helping patients gain access to life-saving therapies. Take the next step today and learn how you can join us.
Where knowledge, reach and partnership shape healthcare delivery.