Job Description: The Real-Time Linux Systems Engineer will be a key contributing member to Intel's efforts around Real-Time Linux and subsequent safety certification for segments such as autonomous cars, industrial automation, robotics, and drones.
A successful candidate will be enthusiastic, self-motivated, and prone to action. They ask clarifying questions and seek first to understand, but will confidently challenge the status quo. They are passionate about technology, but not philosophically bound to any particular development methodology. They know what they don't know and are eager to learn new things. They are respectful, ethical and communicate clearly and transparently.
The Systems Engineer will be responsible for:
- Upstreaming, maintenance, and documentation of PREEMPT_RT Real-Time Linux project patches to the kernel mainline, including resolution of dependency issues blocking merge to mainline.
- Development, maintenance, documentation, and upstreaming of Real-Time IA silicon features, including definition and creation of related system-level libraries.
- Technical consultation to integration teams and verticals consuming the upstream PREEMPT_RT project, and related IA Silicon features.
- Provide a strong technical voice and positive representation of Intel to the Linux community.
- MS Degree, or 2-5 years industry experience
- Good written and verbal English communication skills
- Experience building, integrating, and/or developing with the Linux kernel
- Experience with the Linux community contribution process (upstream commits)
- System level C programming experience
- One or more scripting languages (Python preferred)
- Practical git skills
- Familiarity with fundamental computer architecture concepts
Nice to haves
- Existing upstream Linux kernel commits
- Familiarity with statistical analysis
- Linux kernel driver development experience
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.