Analyzes functions at FedEx Ground and FedEx SmartPost in order to identify Contract Management and recovery & asset protection opportunities.
• Executes processes, applications and monitoring reports for Contract Management and recovery & asset protection programs.
• Participates on special assignments with relation to Contract Management and recovery & asset protection opportunities.
• Analyzes and evaluates contract and recovery data.
• Monitors and tracks information from vendor call center and Contract Management mailbox and call center.
• Utilizes department specific software to identify contract and recovery & asset protection opportunities.
• Reviews and analyzes transactions based on policies and procedures related to vendor invoicing issues, duplicate and incorrect billings.
• Maintains strong internal control and regulatory awareness.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Engineering, Information Technology, Criminology, or related field required; or in addition to Minimum Experience, high school degree or GED and four (4) years relevant experience in lieu of degree.
• None required.
• Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications.
• Customer service skills necessary to effectively and professionally respond to requests.
• Verbal and written communication skills necessary to explain complex and/or confidential information.
• Time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills necessary to work in a fast-paced environment, handling various tasks and changing priorities, while maintaining a high attention to detail and accuracy to achieve daily assignments and goals.
• Ability to anticipate and identify problems and use sound judgment and fact-based analysis to develop effective and efficient solutions.
• Ability to execute effective methods for tracking and monitoring data or information.
This position can be domiciled in Pittsburgh, PA or Brookfield, WI.
Position reports to the Manager, Internal Control Analysis – Recovery within the Financial Control Analysis group of the Internal Control Analysis department. This position consist of reviewing and categorizing property loss and damage accident data, identifying accident recovery opportunities, obtaining supporting documentation, initiating pursuable transactions and performing follow up as needed. Additional responsibilities include processing and depositing FedEx Ground checks, executing processes for the production recovery programs, and identifying, developing, and optimizing, vendor transaction validation processes by applying data mining, data analytics, auditing, and invoice analysis skills.
•Three (3) years extensive experience reviewing and evaluating accident or incident reports, individual claims, or other documents relating to funds paid; and determining in individual cases where possibilities for subrogation and recoveries exist.
•Proficient in analyzing, scrutinizing, assessing the control environment, and improving the accuracy of invoice payments, financial transactions, and vendor relationships.
•Experience in designing, developing, documenting, and implementing methodologies and applications for property loss and damage recovery opportunities.
•Ability to perform continuous monitoring and validation of financial transactions and vendor payments or financial recovery (i.e. duplicate payments, incorrect vendor payments, & vendor over payments).
•Ability to independently assess a situation, seek multiple perspectives, visualize, articulate, conceptualize, and solve both complex and uncomplicated problems.
•Experience and ability to create and maintain Microsoft Access databases.
•Ability and experience in the development and execution of PeopleSoft general ledger and accounts payable queries.
•Experience with PeopleSoft Disbursements, Expense Reports, and General Ledger modules.
•Experience in Microsoft Excel, Visio, Word, and PowerPoint.
•Ability to leverage and understand the functionality of existing applications and software to address operational needs and implement solutions.
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforce