Parallon believes that organizations that continuously learn and improve will thrive. That's why, after more than a decade, Parallon remains dedicated to helping hospitals and hospital systems operate knowledgeably, intelligently, effectively and efficiently in the rapidly evolving healthcare marketplace, today and in the future.
As one of the healthcare industry's leading providers of business and operational services, Parallon is uniquely equipped to provide a broad spectrum of customized services in the areas of revenue cycle, purchasing, supply chain, technology, workforce management and consulting.
Parallon's purpose is simple. We serve and enable those who care for and improve human life in their communities.
JOB TITLE - Receipt Entry Specialist
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES - Post payments and keys adjustments; reconciles receipt summaries, identifies denied charges and forwards documentation to the appropriate party for handling.
SUPERVISOR - Reimbursement Manager
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Post all payments received in an accurate and timely manner.
2. Prepares and reviews receipt summaries to ensure accurate posting. Reconciles receipt summaries against treasury batch headers.
3. Forwards all unidentified payments and/or identified overpayments to Credit Balance Resolution with related documentation for appropriate handling.
4. Posts all zero EOB (deductibles) in accordance with departmental policy and procedure.
5. Identifies denied charges as indicated by EOB's and make appropriate documentation in the billing system. Forwards documentation to the correspondence specialist/biller for appropriate handling.
6. Keys adjustment requests prepared by the Account Representatives and approved by the AR Manager.
7. Keys adjustments forwarded from AR Manager that have been identified by the Credit Balance Resolution departmental staff as adjustments due to receipt entry error.
8. Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement".
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES - This position requires the following minimum requirements:
QUALIFICATIONS - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent; and a minimum of one year of medical billing experience is required, three years of medical billing experience and a comprehensive knowledge of insurance is desired, related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS - None
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT - The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom