Job Description: SUMMARY
The primary purpose of this position is to receive and verify the contents of incoming shipments to the distribution center. The incumbent is required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Sort inbound shipments according to predetermined guidelines.
- Examine all products for defects; sort them according to the extent of their damage; attach damage identification toeach; record information concerning damaged product in the computer system.
- Verify the contents of inbound shipments with purchase orders to ensure all items were received.
- Enter information about each item (description, quantity received, purchase order number, receiver's initials, into the computer system.
- Unload and unpack incoming shipments (if applicable).
- Complete all paperwork necessary for vendors to be properly paid.
- Ensure area is clean and free of debris.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This position currently has no supervisory responsibilities.
Experience / Requirements: Language Skills
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small-group situations to customers, clients, and other associates. Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently. Mathematical Skills
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Reasoning Ability
Ability to apply common-sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Other Skills, Abilities, and/or Training
The following qualities are required:
- Minimum age of 18 years old due to the work environment.
- Ability to pass drug test.
- Committed to providing customer service that makes both internal and external customers feel welcome, important, and appreciated.
- Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
- Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to work weekends on an occasional basis.
- Ability to work extended days on a frequent basis.
- Ability to work day or evening hours.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
The following qualities are helpful:
- Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks/projects.
- Familiarity with industry/technical terms and processes.
Education: Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), plus minimal warehouse experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
A little about us:
We create caring moments by delivering what matters most to our customers.