Receiving and Logistics Coordinator
If you want to develop your career with the industry leader who gives you the innovative technology you love to work with and empowers you to deliver a service you can be proud of - then this is where you need to be.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in Arlington, TX as a Receiving and Logistics Coordinator. Skills and Experience Required:
Qualifications: Required Education, Licenses or Certifications
- Receives and processes all incoming products and store supplies through shared data and inventory management system.
- Operates work station and hand held remote terminals for sourcing and materials management system.
- Receives merchandise into inventory. Reconciles roadblocks in the receiving process.
- Maintains log of issue tickets and receiving records.
- Monitors inventory to ensure appropriate records of supplies.
- Follows up on discrepancies and inconsistencies with purchase orders.
- Protects inventory and property against shrinkage and theft.
- Participates in daily, monthly, and annual inventory counts.
- Observes safety rules, and ensures and maintains a safe and orderly environment.
- Keeps all warehouse and store areas clean, safe, orderly and functioning properly.
- Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
- Assist with stocking parts and support of production work orders
- Assist in the receiving area as needed. Especially in the proper training for receiving paperwork.
- Prepare emergency orders for shipment. Complete shipping documents, select freight carrier, and make arrangements for shipment with freight carrier
- Ensure appropriate safety procedures for transporting hazardous and non-hazardous material are followed
- Ensure drivers are performing all of their necessary tasks and responsibilities
- Maintain frequent contact with management staff and employees
- Mentor and assist employees
- Participate in daily safety meetings
- Coordinate inbound/outbound freight with a list of preferred carriers.
Compensation and Benefits
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to maximize utilization of equipment and personnel while ensuring equipment and people are adherent to DOT rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, and national laws.
- Knowledge of laws, EPA regulations, DOT regulations, and OSHA regulations.
- Must comply with safety rules and regulations and apply them to daily work routines for personal safety and the safety of others.
Base hourly rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to work with ground-breaking products and technology? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today.
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
A little about us:
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.