Overview: Aesculap, Inc., a B. Braun company, is part of a 180-year-old global organization focused on meeting the needs of an ever-changing healthcare community. Through close collaboration with its customers, Aesculap provides advanced technologies for general surgery, neurosurgery and closure technologies. Aesculap continues a proud heritage of leadership and responsiveness as we strive to deliver products and services that improve the quality of patients' lives.
Responsibilities: ***Shift is 5:00 AM to 1:30 PM - M-F****
We are looking for a detail oriented, motivated person to help us take our team to the next level. • This is a role with additional responsibilities and can lead to advancement opportunities for the right person based on their performance, attendance and attitude. • We offer a clean, well lit, heated, and air conditioned work environment in a popular industrial park in Hazelwood Mo. • Our distribution center supplies the country with Surgical instruments, implants and kit containers. • Order picker and Fork Lift experience a plus. • Previous role with additional responsibility a plus. • While our product may primarily be small and light, it does require a great deal of attention to detail...Our patient's life is in our hands.
401(k) with company match
Company paid life, STD, LTD
Generous paid time off
Bonus and Award Programs (A yearly grand prize trip to Germany)
************ Position Summary:
Responsible for the timely and accurate processing of purchase orders, receipt, put away and confirmation of inbound freight, filing of shipping invoices and packing lists, auditing transactions to assure product accuracy, supporting continuous improvement of processes and directing the product flow through various departments. Responsibilities: Essential Duties:
- Receives all incoming domestic and international shipments timely and accurately
- Inspects and identifies any damages/shortages noted on all incoming shipments
- Annotates carrier's delivery receipt of any exceptions taken on the delivered good i.e. damages, shortages etc
- Open/verify products against packing slip and note any discrepancies
- Verifies part numbers, lot numbers, and quantity against invoice/packing slip
- Perform receipt functions in SAP
- Generate, through SAP, required receiving document (stock placement) and place with products for final release
- Release all received goods to the appropriate individuals/departments or stock
- File all packing slips in the appropriate file binders.
- Follow SOP's to ensure no mix- up, damage, or deterioration occurs during any stages of handling.
- Assists supervisor with receiving error resolution.
- Accurately report errors to supervisor.
- Generate/complete/log daily reports.
- Support Dept./Company KPI's and goal of 400/40.
- EMBRACE "C2" CULTURE- Responsibility and Accountability.
- Complies with GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) procedures to ensure that all obsolete, rejected, or deteriorated materials received to the dock are not inadvertently placed to stock in the warehouse for picking.
- Perform daily processes of receiving, put way in accordance with department SOP's.
- Certified/trained to handle hazardous material shipments.
- Provides support for all areas of the distribution center.
- Must support a positive work environment while driving continuous improvement.
- Ability to analyze work flow, and determine changes if necessary.
- Assist in updating/creating SOP's (Standard Operating Procedures).
- Assist in developing training as the department and process changes.
- Work with leads and supervisor to meet the demands of the customer.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the associates.
- Follow procedures for control and distribution of finished devices to ensure that only those devices approved for release are distributed.
- Accurately process deliveries from Federal Express and UPS and other 3rd party venders.
- Coordinate/process time and customer sensitive shipments through the distribution centers.
- Assist in yearly physical inventories related to the facility.
- Must embrace and promote a team atmosphere, not only in receiving, but companywide.
- Attend facility meetings, when specific projects linked to the operation are required.
- Able to obtain certification on forklift, order picker and single man lift.
- Must comply with applicable ISO and FDA regulations as stated in Quality Manual.
- Collaborate with customer service, supply chain, set world, Quality, ATS repairs and facility.
- Actively promote safety.
- Must comply with applicable ISO and FDA regulations as stated in Quality Manual
- Must embody the Company's Vision, Mission and Values
- Other duties may be assigned
Qualifications: Expertise: Qualifications-Experience/Training/Education/Etc Required:
Language and mathematical skills; reasoning ability:
- SAP experience preferred.
- A high school diploma is required.
- Must have 6 months warehouse experience.
- 1+ years of data processing and hands on experience with a PC is desirable.
- 1+ years working with Office Windows (Word/Excel/Power Point) PC is desirable
Language Skills : Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability : Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
Other: Responsibilities: Other Duties:
- Must be able to work overtime.
- Must embrace "Lead by example" philosophy.
- Operation of forklift, order picker, single man lift and soft material handling equipment (Pallet jacks/ladders/pad pack machine) required.
- Requires good communication skills.
- This position requires the handling of instruments that may have been contaminated by blood or other bodily fluids. In compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations, Aesculap will provide a safe working environment for all employees.
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
One of the world's leading healthcare suppliers.