Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community, and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and One of the Most Meaningful Companies to Work for in America by Business Insider.
The Receptionist answers incoming telephone calls to the corporate, region, area or division office and redirects callers after appropriately ascertaining the nature of the caller’s inquiry. The Receptionist may also be responsible for ordering supplies for the building under the general supervision of the Facilities Manager.
**Knowledge, Skills & Abilities**
• A minimum of 1 year of prior experience as a receptionist in an environment with in-person and telephone responsibility.
• Answers incoming telephone calls in a pleasant and timely manner.
• Ascertains nature of caller’s inquiry and directs caller to appropriate department or individual.
• Greets visitors, ascertains nature of business, if required, and contacts required Republic Services’ department or individual.
• Reads and routes incoming mail.
• Composes and prepares routine correspondence.
• Files correspondence and other records.
• Manages central badge inventory for lost/forgotten security badges.
• Orders building supplies as directed by supervisor.
• Maintains highest level of confidentiality at all times.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High school diploma or G.E.D.
• A minimum of 6 months of prior experience in an office environment.
• Email, Word, Excel, PowerPoint skills.
**Rewarding Compensation and Benefits**
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
A little about us:
The dramatic growth and high performance of Republic Services is an American success story we’re proud of.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network.