General Description of the Position:
- Provides a combination of general office support as well as assisting Finance team with various projects daily.
- General office support includes coverage of reception area (greeting visitors, vendors and employees), ordering and distributing office supplies for building, mailroom maintenance, mailing/receiving packages and acting as secondary point of contact for Facilities related issues.
- Finance team support may include a variety of clerical type responsibilities that will require proficiency in Excel.
- Adhere with all stated company polices, rules and procedures relating but not limited to Quality, Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) which the role has responsibility.
o Greet visitors, vendors and employees
o Answer incoming phone calls in a professional manner and route/follow up accordingly
o Monitor security ID kiosk and create badges; ensure new security protocol is being followed by visitors and employees utilizing main entrance.
o Manage lobby area to ensure professional environment
o Sign for and distribute packages and other deliveries
• Office Support:
o Maintain inventory of office supplies; organize, label multiple supply rooms.
o Update and maintain mail cubbies
o Respond to all office supply order requests - create purchase order and contact vendors
o Maintain stationary inventory - reorder when necessary
o Maintain basic kitchen supplies in all kitchenettes, vending areas
o Meter and mail/distribute employee paychecks, vouchers, daily mail.
o Sort and distribute incoming product returns
o Monitor all mailroom machines/office equipment; contact IT with issues
o Schedule document pick-up/retrieval from off-site file storage
o Arrange transportation for visitors
o Oversee on-site document shredding service
o Serve as secondary point of contact for facility functions related to plumbing, electrical, HVAC, pest control, snow removal and janitorial.
o Contact appropriate Hobbs Brook Management staff directly for urgent needs
• Finance Support (50% of job):
o Provide daily support to ad hoc finance requests
o Assist with management of company car fleet program
o Assist with daily invoicing and monthly account statement mailings
Internal & External Relationships:
• Works closely with all levels within the company and facility
• Works collaboratively with second Office Admin employee in group who provides Finance support in terms of printing customer invoices daily and mailing customer statements monthly.
• Vendors - Builds and maintains relations with Hobbs Brook Management staff ensuring prompt response to inquiries. Develops and maintains a positive working relationship with Café staff, janitorial staff and postal carriers.
• Presents self in a professional, friendly and welcoming manner to all visitors including interview candidates, customers and employees.
• Knowledge of and experience in office administration, reception, facilities management support.
• Proficient with Office computer suite, specifically Word and Excel.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to effectively multi-task; organized and detail oriented
• Must be flexible and able to respond to change to meet business needs
• Experience with desktop hardware and software required specifically Office Word and Excel
A little about us:
We partner with people to improve skills, teams and lives every day, and we help them achieve more than they ever thought possible.