At PayPal, we are rethinking how to provide diverse solutions to real-world challenges. Through the Recharge program, we encourage skilled women technologists who have taken a career break for personal or family reasons to feel equipped to return to the workforce.
Are you a technical woman who has taken a career break? Or perhaps you have taught yourself to code, but you don't have any industry work experience. If this describes you, then you should apply for our Recharge program. Specifically, we are looking for women who have been out of the workforce for at least 1-2 years but are ready to jump back into technical roles.
Recharge is a 16-week paid program which provides individuals who want to return to the workforce an opportunity to expand their experience and network. The program will start in October 2017.
As an Enterprise Service Platform engineer, you will be responsible for working on applications and services that handle all types of PayPal transactions. You will work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation and experimentation are a given. You will master both established and cutting edge technologies like Java, Spring, J2EE, Kafka, Hadoop among others.Typical Enterprise Service Platform engineer's responsibilities include:
Successful Enterprise Service Platform engineers will:
- Design, development, and testing of features/functions delivered via applications and services
- Collaborating with peers and seniors both within their team and across the organization
- Working with product managers using agile methodologies to deliver high quality solutions on time
- Working with operations teams to ensure your applications and services are highly available and reliable
- Supporting your applications and/or services as and when required on a 24x7 basis
- Be driven to get results and not let anything get in your way
- Be proactive and anticipate/handle most issues before they blowup
- Exhibit a strong backbone and challenge the status quo when needed
- Demonstrate a high level of curiosity and keep abreast of the latest technologies
- Show pride of ownership and strive for excellence in everything they do
- Expert in Java programming
- Expert in Spring, RESTful API, Services
- Competent in designing and building Restful Services in a commercial setting
- Competent in design/implementation for reliability, availability, scalability and performance
- Competent in software engineering tools and best practices
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field of study.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of professional experience
More information on the Recharge program can be found at Recharge 2017
A little about us:
Help us reinvent money. At PayPal, we're looking for global thinkers who can invent new ways to make money safe and accessible for people everywhere.