GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Headquarters
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Oil & Gasfuels the future. We push the boundaries of technology to bring energy to the world. We are inventing the next industrial era in the oil and gas sector. In our labs and factories, and in the field, we constantly push the boundaries of technology to solve today's toughest operational & commercial challenges. We have the skills, knowledge and technical expertise to bring together the physical and digital worlds to fuel the future. GE Oil & Gas is a "fullstream" company, working from exploration and production to downstream. A $19 billion leader designed for a world of complex resources. The deeper, the hotter, the more remote, the more logistically difficult or environmentally sensitive the challenge - the more GE Oil & Gas can help.
Through project management expertise and technology innovation, we work to help lower costs, make things faster, simpler and more productive for our customers.
In today's era of complex resources, the deeper, the hotter, the more remote, the more logistically difficult or environmentally sensitive the challenge - the more we can help. The GE scale helps us bring new solutions to market quicker to help our customers adapt to the industry's changing environment.
We go where you go and operate side-by-side in 120 countries. The closer we are to our customers, the quicker we can anticipate and solve their challenges.
We're at work today, to ensure the next generation is equipped and empowered to go further and deeper, helping to
fuel the future.
Follow GE Oil & Gas on Twitter@GE_OilandGas.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Reciprocating Compression Controller
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
GE works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with GE Oil & Gas!
Demonstrates accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives. Integrates and develops processes that meet business needs across the organization. This role contributes to the overall strategy and manages complex issues within functional areas area of expertise.
In the role of Reciprocating Compression Controller you will:
* Perform monthly and quarterly close functions related to controllership and consolidation
* Provide oversight and governance of financial reporting systems
* Develop comprehensive systemic controls to ensure financial accuracy
* Provide recommendations to improve the internal control framework of the ERP system
* Automate routine activities to simplify manual accounting intervention
* Oversee shared service personnel and responsibly lead all accounting activities
* Document business specific policies and procedures
* Ensure operational accounting practices are following U.S. GAAP and GE policies
* Lead enterprise risk management for the Controllership function including control self-assessments and Sarbanes Oxley compliance
* Link business operations with accounting principles to ensure financial reporting matches underlying economic transactions
* Own balance sheet reconciliation, balance movement and quarterly pre-close
* Manage quarterly account reconciliation process, status, and compliance
* Independently & proactively identify business risks and create winning solutions
* Support business operations through accounting rules for financial compliance
* Develop rigor across team and function in line with GE policy standards
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited college or university
* Minimum 8 years of experience in an operating Controllership position
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Certified Public Accountant or Masters in Business Administration from an accredited college or university
* Experience working with SAP
* Experience implementing or monitoring internal controls
* Ability to anticipate, identify, and resolve complex financial issues
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Experience drafting & implement polices
GE works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works.
Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with GE Oil & Gas!
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.