Recreational Therapist - Senior Adult Unit - Warrensburg, MO
At Research Psychiatric Center, above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Located in beautiful Warrensburg Missouri, Research Psychiatric Center embodies the mission and heart of HCA Midwest Health. We are recognized as a healthcare leader due to our skilled, compassionate and dedicated doctors and nurses. Bridges Senior Behavioral Health Unit
is a beautiful new 12 bed unit in Western Missouri Medical Center. We are seeking experienced Recreational Therapists to join our growing team. Apply now to see how we can help you grow your career! Want to learn more about opportunities: Please contact Jennifer Beck at 816-257-6473 or email Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org Responsibilities:
- Plans, organizes, and conducts recreational therapy program.
- Provides professional therapeutic programming and services to behavioral health patients on a designated unit in a manner consistent with the philosophy and objectives of Research Psychiatric Center.
- Works collaboratively with members of the health care team, maintains a safe environment, and provides patient and family education.
- Demonstrates competency to provide age appropriate care to adolescent patients (12-18 years of age), adult patients (18 and older, including geriatric patients age 55 years ).
- Bachelor's degree in Recreational therapy or Associates degree in Occupational Therapy Assistant from an accredited university.
- Prefer prior experience working with a psychiatric mental health population, preferably in an inpatient setting.
- American Heart Assocation BLS required.
- NVCI required upon hire or within three months of hire.
- Current certification as a Recreational Therapist (CTRS) is preferred.
- If Occupational Therapist Assistant, COTA certification is required within initial 90 days of employment.
Interested in learning more about this or other opportunities at Research Psychiatric Center? Contact Jennifer at 816-257-6473 or email@example.com
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom