Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world's leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. From CIOs and senior IT leaders in corporations and government agencies, to business leaders in high-tech and telecom enterprises and professional services firms, to technology investors, we are the valuable partner to clients in approximately 10,000 distinct enterprises worldwide. Through the resources of Gartner Research, Gartner Executive Programs, Gartner Consulting and Gartner Events, we work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA, and has 6,800 associates, including more than 1,500 research analysts and consultants, and clients in 90 countries.
Responsible for sourcing, qualifying and matching candidates to defined profiles and specific open requisitions across assigned Business Units. Actively search for the best and brightest candidates utilizing the Internet and other recruitment methodologies. Qualify potential candidates via email and phone. Develop a thorough understanding of the profiles for which they are searching by forming and maintaining a relationship with hiring managers. Responsible for the full life cycle in recruiting. Work with HR Partner on various initiatives such as Diversity, Internal Events and Community Service Programs.
- Responsible for hands-on recruiting efforts and ensuring compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Programs
- Participate in recruitment, interviewing and selection of candidates for various levels of position openings and promote a work environment that openly embraces individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Meet established hiring targets and maintains compliance with established reporting structure
- Partner with hiring managers to understand the skills and background required for each opportunity and provide expert advice and coaching to hiring managers throughout the recruitment process
- Develop strong client and candidate relationships and maintain communication with both
- Source, screen, evaluate and select candidates through a structured recruitment process designed to obtain the best candidates
- Inform applicants of job duties and responsibilities, compensation and benefits, work schedules and working conditions, company policies, promotional opportunities and other related information.
- Utilize knowledge of multiple recruiting sources and execute various recruiting strategies
- Conduct employment advertising campaigns and programs by developing and managing a network of recruitment and referral resources including but not limited to networking with schools, colleges, minority organizations, state employment services, other employers and professional associations
- Generate qualified candidates through cost-effective efforts (i.e., alternative sourcing)
- Utilize a resume database for sourcing and tracking of all candidates
- Familiarity with Gartner products, services and units a plus
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree preferably in Human Resources, Business Administration, Psychology, Communications or a related field
- Completion of human resources related training seminars/workshops a plus
- 5 -7 years experience in a corporate or agency recruitment role1
- Responsible for full life cycle recruiting including direct research
- 1-2 years experience “in house” handling of complex and senior level hiring with hiring manager contact up to GVP level
- Sense of urgency and ability to prioritize
- Broad understanding of HR practices and related employment laws and regulations, including EEO, ADA, ADEA, Title VII, Affirmative Action, FMLA, employee relations and wage and hour laws
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Word and Excel software
- Familiarity with Internet navigation and on-line recruiting technology/tools
- Demonstrated oral presentation and written communication skills
- Excellent relationship management skills to develop successful networks within senior management, staffing teams and HR Partners
- Ability to handle volume recruiting in a fast paced, structured environment, adhering to strict deadlines
- Strong understanding of requisition processes
- Ability to source with a creative approach
- Appreciates consistent improvement and challenging the status quo
Job ID 00013500
A little about us:
The world’s leading information technology, marketing and supply chain research and advisory company.