Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
"Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code."
The objective of Visa's Red team is to pro-actively identify weaknesses and shortcomings in Visa's security posture and recommend/adopt necessary controls and procedures to cost-effectively protect Visa services from intentional or inadvertent modification, disclosure or destruction. With this mission in mind, Visa's internal Red team experts are pro-actively engaged in covert operations that simulate adversarial threats and attacks in a timely manner. This is accomplished by performing internal and external ethical hacks of Visa applications and systems. Red members also help with design, development and recommendation of security solutions to protect Visa proprietary/confidential data and systems. Assist with compliance objectives; provide guidance and direction for the logical protection of information systems assets to other functional units. Prepare reports regarding effectiveness of information security adherence and make recommendations for the adoption of new policies and procedures for Visa services.
As a member of Visa's Red team, provide technical expertise required to carry out internal and external ethical hacking exercises. Coordinate with other departments and teams to evolve information security alignment with company goals and objectives. Contribute and participate in all stages of a Red team exercise including planning, recon, exploitation, post-exploitation, clean up and remediation. Champion security research activities and team work required to carry out successful Red team operations. Create and provide presentations to executive management highlighting outcomes of Red team exercise and recommendations and timelines for remediation.
• Conduct high risk and sensitive ethical hacks of internally and externally hosted applications globally according to scope defined by Red team.
• Co-ordinate and execute system/network level advanced red team and ethical hacking exercises
• Work special/off-hours (late nights, weekends etc.) as deemed necessary for the successful and covert execution of Red team exercises (emulating adversaries)
• Design and develop scripts, frameworks and tools required for facilitating and executing complex undetectable attacks
• Reviews results of network and application ethical hacks in order to determine severity of findings and to ensure proper remediation is applied.
• Performs penetration and remediation testing & reporting through the application of expert ethical hacking and penetration techniques in a fast-paced, highly technical environment. Identify network and system vulnerabilities and provide recommended counter measures or mitigating controls to reduce risk to an acceptable and manageable level.
• Provide accurate and timely reporting of findings and proposed remediation and mitigations.
• Coordinate Red team operational briefings and presentations to non-technical audience and executive management, as required
• Provide technical support to Business Leader/Chief Specialist in identifying and streamlining new/existing protocols and tools used by the Red team.
• Technical support could include, but not limited to the following: (1) Audit support & remediation, (2) Process Improvement, (3) Analysis & Reporting, (4) Cross Divisional Functional education, training and awareness, (5) Function/Methodology/Strategy advancement.
• Define and develop agenda for training and educating security professionals on advanced exploits, tools and frameworks
• Perform research of emerging technologies and design frameworks and capabilities required to perform Red team exercises of new technologies adopted by Visa
• Requires comprehensive knowledge and mastery in assigned areas applying skills and competencies in challenging and complex situations.
• Recognized expert in the company. Only a few positions require such extensive knowledge and skill.
• Complete mastery of at least one technology domain and solid working knowledge of at least one other. For example, web applications, system exploitation, network based attacks, Reverse engineering, Mobile security etc.
• May be involved in design phases of projects. May have professional certifications or affiliations.
• Able to work at an intermediate level when executing and improving work processes to ensure achievement of business goals.
• Eight to Ten Years of progressive experience with increasing responsibility in Information Technology, Information Security and Compliance that includes a combination of technical and project leadership responsibilities
• Expertise in performing advanced exploitation and post-exploitation attacks as part of ethical hacking exercises
• Prior experience or expertise performing Red team exercises will be a plus
• Experience in writing proof-of-concept exploits and creating custom payloads and modules for common ethical hacking frameworks and tools
• Well versed in system exploits (e.g. Buffer Overflows, PTH attacks, windows authentication framework etc.), network exploitation (e.g. VLAN hopping) or web application exploitation
• Well versed with security tools & frameworks like Metasploit, Core, Canvas etc.
• Extensive understanding of cryptographic concepts and applied cryptography
• Proficiency in one or more scripting language. E.g. Perl, Python, Shell Scripting etc.
• Prior experience with exploit development or writing system modules in C & C++, a major advantage. Knowledge of high level programming languages an added bonus
• Prior experience with reverse engineering, malware analysis and forensic tools will be an added advantage
• Good interpersonal, facilitation, and demonstrated emerging leadership skills
• Able to operate at an advanced level of written and spoken communication; write and speak effectively with impact
• Good understanding of Ethernet, switched LAN and WAN environment and detailed understanding of layer 3 and layer 4 specifications, including IP, TCP, TCP/IP routing protocols and management of ACLs.
• Knowledge of logical / physical access control methods, connections alternatives using private, public and wireless solutions, Network/Host Intrusion Detection Engines, Vulnerability Management Tools, Patch Management Tools, Penetration Testing Tools, Anti-Virus/Anti-Spyware solutions
• Conducts complex analytical functions by performing security assessments and ethical hacks of high risk sensitive applications
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.