Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
The position will be responsible for the onboarding of new clients and the production support of existing clients with a primary focus on the client's referential data, including security master, pricing and valuations, and portfolio data. The position provides daily production support for the client's trading process, including initial equity and fixed income security setup, portfolio setup and maintenance, security valuation, mortgage factor and variable rate maintenance, and general security master file integrity.
The position will interface daily with the client's trade desk personnel, portfolio management and portfolio accounting teams, as well as multiple teams within the organization to ensure that all data elements are maintained in an accurate and in a timely manner.
Position will interact and provide support to numerous teams and departments within the organization, including Trade Settlement, Corporate Actions, Portfolio Control, and Business Support and has daily SLAs that must be met in order to support the client's middle office services.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Complete the day to day responsibilities of the team within a strong risk management and controlled environment while eliminating risk incidents and errors.
2. Assist in the review and verification of the staff's work on a daily basis, enforcing stringent procedures and controls.
3. Perform an oversight function for the Shared Services functions identifying operational trends, issues and areas for improvement
4. Assist in the resolution of issues involving all operational and various IT areas (e.g. Asset Servicing, Trade Operations, Account Transitions)
5. Act as instructed by client. Conduct high-level analysis in specific areas of expertise, identify and resolve work-processing issues, make suggestions to streamline operations.
6. Research routine issues and inquiries. Resolve discrepancies and take action on routine matters and inquiries from external clients and internal departments.
7. Make proactive recommendations and solutions for problem resolution.
8. Liaise with colleagues within the Berwyn, London, Australia and India SSC offices and divisions globally where required for query resolution
9. Act as the point at which relevant client queries relating to the Recordkeeping system and client file deliveries are tracked, with proactive management to ensure timely response and resolution
10. Assist in the set up and transition process of new client accounts
11. Support and provide analysis for Client Change Request items impacting the Enterprise processes and Operating Models
12. Ad-hoc reporting, including daily, weekly and monthly metrics.
• Performs work independently within scope of established guidelines and according to specific procedures and analyzes and recommends solutions to complex and non-routine issues and special projects. Develops processes, procedures and controls. Handles regular independent interaction with client contacts.
• Focus of job on performing complex tasks and providing business and technical expertise in support of multiple clients. Acts as an advisor to other areas of the organization.
• Communicate effectively on issues / problems to the Client and to SSC management and ensure a proper and timely follow-up to ensure resolution.
• Provide guidance, support, act as resource and assist team members from multiple operational areas relating to Enterprise queries.
• Complete system testing for Change Control enhancements
• Bachelor's degree with emphasis in finance, accounting, or technology or equivalent work experience in finance or accounting.
• Broad and in-depth understanding of the asset management industry, gained through working in a variety of asset management disciplines, including detailed knowledge on all types of financial instruments
• Broad and in-depth understanding of standards, methodologies, processes, systems and technology necessary to support investment management operations.
• Experience of writing and reviewing business specifications and data mapping.
• Excellent analytical skills and ability to analyze on the spot.
• Good team working skills.
• Strong writing, communication and presentation skills to audiences (internal and external) of different sizes and levels of seniority.
• Must be self-motivated, adaptable and show initiative in different circumstances and under pressure.
• Flexibility in working outside of your responsibilities and areas of expertise.
• PC literate - Word, Excel, PowerPoint and VISIO skills necessary.
Job Opening ID
State Street Job ID: 134166
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.