Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
Job Description Job Description
The Reference Data Analyst will be responsible for the onboarding of new clients, and the production support of existing clients, with a primary focus on the client's referential data (including security master, pricing and valuations, and portfolio data.) The position provides daily production support for the client's trading process, including initial equity and fixed income security setup, portfolio setup and maintenance, security valuation, mortgage factor and variable rate maintenance, and general security master file integrity.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The position will interface with the client's trade desk personnel, portfolio management and portfolio accounting teams to ensure that all data elements are maintained in an accurate and in a timely manner.
- This position will also interact and provide support to numerous teams and departments within the organization, including Trade Settlement, Corporate Actions, Portfolio Control, and Business Support and has daily SLAs that must be met in order to support the client's middle office services.
- 1. Complete the day to day responsibilities of the team within a strong risk management and controlled environment while eliminating risk incidents and errors.
- 2. Perform an oversight function for the Shared Services functions identifying operational trends, issues and areas for improvement
- 3. Assist in the resolution of issues involving all operational and various IT areas (e.g. Asset Servicing, Trade Operations, and Account Transitions)
- 4. Act as instructed by client. Conduct high-level analysis in specific areas of expertise, identify and resolve work-processing issues, make suggestions to streamline operations.
- 5. Research routine issues and inquiries. Resolve discrepancies and take action on routine matters and inquiries from external clients and internal departments.
- 6. Make proactive recommendations and solutions for problem resolution.
- 7. Liaise with colleagues within the Berwyn, London, Australia and India SSC offices and divisions globally where required for query resolution
- 8. Act as the point at which relevant client queries relating to the Recordkeeping system and client file deliveries are tracked, with proactive management to ensure timely response and resolution
- 9. Assist in the set up and transition process of new client accounts
- 10. Support and provide analysis for Client Change Request items impacting the Enterprise processes and Operating Models
- The position focuses on the Security Master and Pricing Data of our clients to ensure that their book of business is ported over to the State Street system accurately during onboarding. We work closely with the client and within the larger transition project to understand the client requirements and how they are, or are not, consistent with the standard State Street Operating model.
- Onboarding is very labor intensive, so depending on how large and diverse the clients' book of business is, it can take anywhere between 6 months to a year (and sometimes beyond) to get a client up and running.
- Since the security master is paramount, we interact with the client and their operation team(s) directly to get the best understanding of their book of business and asset mix. We then work to identify gaps in model/process/control and work jointly to solution through strategic and tactical solutions
- When the client is "Live," we also maintain production oversight to ensure that positions are being booked and that new securities are being setup, mapped to the clients' data and priced correctly
- Key attributes for this position would be someone who has general industry knowledge, is familiar with the various types of securities (fixed income, equity securities, derivatives, etc.) and what components to research if a break was to occur, who has a project management experience (leadership, project plan maintenance, tracking of deliverables, etc.), who is comfortable with direct client interaction and someone who is proactive, engaged, and able to lead.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Technology; or equivalent work experience
- Broad and in-depth understanding of the asset management industry gained through working in a variety of asset management disciplines (including detailed knowledge on all types of financial instruments)
- A thorough understanding of standards, methodologies, processes, systems and technology necessary to support investment management operations (e.g. Bloomberg terminal knowledge)
- Experience of writing and reviewing business specifications and data mapping.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to evaluate on the spot.
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills to audiences (internal and external) of different sizes and levels of seniority.
- Must be self-motivated, adaptable and show initiative in different circumstances and under pressure.
- Flexibility in working outside of your responsibilities and areas of expertise
- A strong understanding of Microsoft Office applications
Job Opening ID
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.