Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects. I. Job Summary
Serves as support person for a Territory that includes Beaumont, Baton Rouge, New Orleans and Joliet, IL. Activities include: implementation of new contracts, assisting with special projects, and staffing existing contracts as needed. May also assist Business Development Managers with site walks, proposal development, and contract renewals. Significant travel is required (75% ), and the candidate must have refinery experience, as well as RCRA, DOT and Hazardous Waste experience. II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Coordinate logistics for transportation of hazardous and non-hazardous waste from client site including profiling, scheduling, manifesting and physically loading bulk and drum loads.
- Consult with client and prospective clients to identify, design and implement cost saving opportunities and proposals.
- Ensure compliance with client and government regulations by performing necessary inspections and reporting. Resolve all issues in a timely manner.
- Administer client and vendor financial obligations including invoicing, reporting and contracts.
- Promote culture of safety by ensuring site personnel are properly trained to perform assigned duties and comply with safety, environmental, federal, state & local regulations.
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of non-supervisory employees. This includes:
- Direct supervision of approximately 0 to 5 full-time operations level employees
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) in Environmental Sciences, Accounting or Business, or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: 7 years of relevant work experience (in addition to education requirement). Must have previous experience managing waste (hazardous and non-hazardous) in a refinery environment.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Must have RCRA and DOT experience
- Must have Hazardous Waste experience
- Must have knowledge of manifesting and profiling waste
- Must have previous waste handling experience
- 40 Hour Hazwoper Certification required
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
V. Work Environment
- An entrepreneurial skill set is highly valued with the ability to creatively achieve stretch goals and provide new services and value to existing customers.
- Supervisory and team building skills
- Creative problem solving and innovative thinker
- Effective and concise communication
- Adept decision making
- Strategic thinking
- Strong leadership and relationship building skills
- Strong business acumen and financial knowledge
- Self-motivated and directed with a keen sense of urgency to deliver results
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job varies depending on the client.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
Waste Management, Inc. is North America's leading provider of integrated environmental solutions.