JOB SUMMARY: Technician that aids in the operation of equipment to help reach reclamation goals of facility. This position is for 2nd shift.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Identifying, sorting, and organizing refrigerant cylinders post analysis.
• Pulling refrigerant samples and interacting with lab technicians.
• Operating recovery and reclamation equipment.
• Ensuring all transactions are made in inventory tracking software during operation.
• Operate forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment.
• Maintain neat and orderly work area.
• Perform mathematical calculations.
• Assist with loading and unloading of trucks and/or trailers when required.
• Assist with inventory, general housekeeping, and help with customers when necessary.
• Other duties and projects as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge and Skills
• Ability to read and comprehend Safety Data Sheets (SDSs).
• Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
• Must be able to work with a wide variety or people with different personalities and backgrounds.
• Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
• Knowledge and awareness of hazards associated with refrigerant handling
• Knowledge of overall operation of a refrigerant circuit
• Use of hand tools
• Use of equipment to recovery refrigerant per EPA standards
• Experience with hoses, refrigerants gauges, and fittings
• Knowledge of pressurized tanks
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
• HVAC School with Diploma required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus objects.
• Ability to routinely lift 25 - 60 lbs.
• Ability to perform work during prolonged standing for up to 8 hours; frequent bending, crouching, reaching, grasping, feeling and repetitive motion also required.
• Ability to perform functions during occasional climbing, kneeling, crawling, pushing, pulling and finger activities.
• Must be able to work outdoors and in temperatures ranging from 20 to 100 degrees F.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Warehouse environment with dirt and dust.
• Heavy forklift traffic throughout.
• Temperatures ranging from 20 to 100 degrees F.
• Welding and cutting work in or near work area is common.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.