GROW WITH US
as a Refrigeration Mechanic in one of our state-of-the-art facilities in San Jose, CA! Engage with us as you will collaborate with many diverse people and perspectives. Your primary role will be troubleshooting and repairing industrial refrigeration equipment with a strong emphasis on safety and manufacturing practices related to food manufacturing. Be a part of the united values and collaborative culture at Kellogg's! WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
In your role as a refrigeration mechanic, you will work as a part of team in a collaborative culture, focused on strengthening our future by:
Qualifications: WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
- Installing and repairing refrigeration systems according to blueprints and engineering specifications
- Making periodic inspection of equipment and system to observe operating condition and need for repair or adjustment
- Diagnosing problems, replacing defective parts and components and reassembling refrigeration units to work order and blueprint specifications
- Performing scheduled maintenance repairs of refrigeration equipment including repairing ammonia leaks, repacking valves, replacing bearings and other components such as motors.
- Cutting, threading and connecting pipe to functional components, cores and pipes
- Pumping specified gas or fluid into system and removing air from system and charges system with specified amount and type of refrigerant.
- Testing lines, components, and connections for leaks while testing equipment for functioning and cooling capacity of system.
- Observing operation, reads gauges and instruments and adjusts mechanisms
- Dismantling malfunctioning systems and tests components, using electrical, mechanical and pneumatic testing equipment
- Reading and interpreting P&IDs (Process and Instrumentation Drawings), equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance
- Complying with all PSM (Process Safety Management), OSHA Safety and Health rules. Maintaining clean and orderly work areas.
As well as a hunger to learn and succeed in Manufacturing, to be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following requirements: Required:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the Ammonia or a related Refrigeration background
- Ability to work any shift
- Ability to pass written and practical mechanic test.
- Ability to lift objects up to 80 lbs
- Ability to demonstrate self-direction and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work well with all levels of personnel individually or in team environment and ability to interface and communicate with production line workers
- Experience and ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Extended work schedules as well as daily and weekend overtime required.
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
- First class refrigeration and steam license a plus
- Past experience with automated maintenance system a plus.
You must be willing to work any shift, as well as weekends, holidays and overtime as required.
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this Link for English or this Link for Spanish.