Based on the size of the BSCs and related organizational structures, a Refund Specialist will function within the BSC. The refund specialist performs daily activities related to customer accounts such as over payments and duplicate payments recorded to customer accounts. Other responsibilities associated with the position include the Outstanding Check Report, Returned Check Report, completing Voids, Exception Pulls, and address changes. This position will closely interact with the Credit and Collections function and Account Managers as well as other Division personnel. Some prior experience with accounts receivable cash applications as well as billing and or collections is preferred. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following:
- Researches, audits and processes refunds to customers
- Reviews prepared refund documentation for accuracy
- Escalates problem accounts to management in a timely manner
- Works reports distributed by Supervisor in a timely manner
- Corresponds with Customer Services Representatives and Customers to ensure address information is up to date and accurate
- Maintains appropriate documentation and records according to departmental policy and provides to customer upon request
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience with automated cash applications a plus.
- "Client service" mindset and the ability to use collaborative and non-adversarial approaches in achieving diverse goals.
The successful candidate will possess:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Solid organizational, team-building and people skills. The ability to work and navigate within a complex matrixed organization.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to assume increasing responsibilities in a rapidly-changing environment.
- Ability to understand the impact on new technologies on processes and costs.
- Experience integrating new technologies into day-to-day operations.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Some cash applications experience preferred.
- Understanding of quality customer service and the relationship to collection efforts.
- Experience with SAP and/or ERP systems a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and multi-task.
- Strong attention to detail
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Limited business travel, on an as needed basis.
- Able to talk, hear, walk sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus objects.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and the work environment is an office setting.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.