McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. McKesson Business Performance Services (BPS) is a leader in physician and hospital revenue cycle management, physician electronic health record and practice management system technology, and strategic consulting services. BPS offerings are uniquely designed to help physician groups, hospitals and health systems, accountable care organizations, labs, and emergency medical service providers improve efficiency and grow revenues while staying current with the latest regulatory requirements.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
The Regional Vice President, Account Management is the key client contact responsible for developing the client relationship at the C-suite level, driving customer satisfaction and retention. Responsible for all client(s) in assigned accounts within a region with focus on driving organic growth through expansion of business service offerings. Coordinates with Sales to drive additional services. Serves as escalation point for client issues. May be responsible for managing Directors of Account Management and/or team of individual contributors in the account management function. Key success factors include the demonstrated professional experience in solving complex business challenges and the ability to build effective relationships, both internally and with McKesson clients, which will result in client referenceability, adoption of additional services, and high levels of retention and satisfaction.
Location: Remote/Telecommuter position. Must live in a major metro area in the western U.S. and be willing to do extensive overnight travel.
Account management 30%
• Cultivate executive relationships, influence perception, and identify and create new opportunities
• Close integration with Client Managers and their activities, including optimization, operational reporting and escalations
• Serves as an escalation point for the team on client concerns and works with all stakeholders to positively impact the client.
• Collaborates as a subject matter expert with external customers and internal customer operational teams defining and managing priorities to ensure maximum value to the customer
• Identifies process improvements or other efficiencies related to improving the customer satisfaction. Helps customer achieve optimal services/product utilization
• Conducts quarterly reviews and strategy discussions with C-suite and key decision makers
• Develops an understanding of customer’s business plans and strategic direction
• Creates account plans to identify service needs that align with the customer’s current business plans and future strategic direction.
■ Manages customer satisfaction 20%
• Proactively manages and resolves customer issues
• Tracks progress and opportunities across delivery teams
• Alerts customers to any change in services
• Addresses issues openly and quickly
• Maintains relationships with key client contacts and coordinates with client management to drive performance that fosters an environment to minimize attrition.
■ Grows footprint in own service area 30%
• Ensures key customers are referenceable to support sales
• Identify new service and product opportunities and coordinate with Sales to realize those opportunities
• Works in partnership with sales, operational, and product specialists as needed to close add on sales
• Drives add-on and new opportunity sales within the BPS health system segment.
■ Coordinates with other BU success teams 10%
BPS Executive Director, Account Management
• Shares information and collaborates on new business opportunities with other BU segments
• Coordinates with other BU support and service teams at account
• Establishes, maintains and coordinates service dialogue between business units
• Manages Client Management Team 10%
• Manages a team of directors of client management and/or client managers in servicing the clients and meeting goals and objectives.
• Ensures client managers understand the BPS products, services and service model.
• Responsible for ensuring their team sustains positive client relationships.
• Model high customer service qualities and hold team accountable to do the same in delivery of service.
5+ years healthcare practice mgt and medical billing experience including 2+ years managerial experience
A minimum of 10+ year’s health system and/or physician office experience with large employed groups of physicians/providers in the related functions of practice management, patient workflow, revenue cycle management, or healthcare consulting.
Utilizing excellent oral and written communication has demonstrated the ability to develop strong successful relationships with “C” suite and Senior level executives.
Expertise in the areas of assignment of roles relative to the billing, clinical workflow, and documentation within a hospital and office based setting.
Understands customer’s business / operational priorities, including technology and service needs, new service requirements, service utilization, and may serve in an individual or people-manager capacity.
Ability to translate regulatory, business environment, technical understanding to action plans and issue resolution
Strong client and key stakeholder relationship building skills
Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of internal and external contacts verbally and in writing
4-year degree in business or related field or equivalent experience. Masters preferred
50% overnight travel required
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
No agencies please.