Corporate Human Resources
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Region Learning Manager
Learning and Development
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Ossining NY,Houston TX, Atlanta GA, Cincinnati OH, Waukesha WI, Boston MA, Schnectady NY,
The GE Crotonville Region Learning Manager is responsible to provide learning solutions in North America to help develop GE Leaders of today and tomorrow. This is accomplished through delivery of course content, program management of courses and strategic consultancy with our business partners in the US and Canada.
In collaboration with the Region Learning Leader, fellow Region Learning Managers and the Region Delivery Lead, this person will engage in a variety of activities to bring learning solutions to the employees in North America.
* Obtain certification via Crotonville to deliver select Leadership Experience and Leadership Skill courses.
* Will become master faculty for select courses in order to certify additional faculty as needed in the region.
* Delivery in support of business and region needs, based on capability, capacity and regional volume. Delivery will occupy 50-70% of the incumbent's time and will occur in both a virtual and classroom environment.
* Program manage select courses in the region, which includes oversight of program curation, implementing adjustments to course content, communication with certified faculty, liaison with learning coordinators in support of program execution and communication with program participants as needed.
* Consultant for business partners in the region, to answer questions about Crotonville course offerings and aide in use of Crotonville processes and tools. Feeds business related interests back into the Regional Learning Playbook and participates actively in the development of an innovative learning strategy for the region
* Connect with and share course insights with Crotonville product owners and contribute to the overall course design process to ensure the solutions implemented locally are meeting the region's needs.
* Partner with other Learning Managers across the globe to address training needs and share best practices.
* Be familiar with GE Culture and integrate key GE messages (i.e. GE Digital Industrial, PD@GE, GE Beliefs) into delivery and program management.
* Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in Learning & Development (L&D), Instructional Design (ID), Organization Development (OD), Education, Human Resources (HR) or other related discipline
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in a learning & development role with proven experience delivering multi-topic developmental training programs.
* Ability and willingness to travel 50% of the time.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Proven presentation, facilitation and curation skills both virtually and in a classroom environment.
* Excellent communication (oral and written) skills
* Proven experience on a learning and development team
* Certification and experience leading GE Leadership Experience or Leadership Skills courses
* A collaborative, team oriented style, yet able to work independently
* Able to handle multiple priorities; initiate, lead and manage change
* Outstanding interpersonal skills - focuses on the learner and know how to create the best experience in a program. Approachable, engaging with high accountability orientation.
* Consultative skills to ensure the learning objectives are linked to the business priorities
* Highly results- and customer-oriented
* Ability to design content that is contemporary and relevant to create meaningful customer experiences
* Clear understanding of financials to enable stronger program management
* Strong coaching skills; knows how to develop other's capabilities
* This position is eligible for remote work, however a location in the Northeast or in select GE Hub cities in the US is preferred.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.