Region Manager (Logistics Operations)
Company: Penske Truck Leasing
Location: Lisle, Illinois
Posted: December 19, 2017
Reference ID: 1713680
The Region Manager will have overall responsibility for a single large strategic customer with multiple locations encompassing a broad geographic area. Primary objective is to ensure each location is operating efficiently based on Penske's contractual commitments while ensuring strong business relationships and confidence are established and maintained. Build account stability and customer satisfaction by focusing on change management, key performance indicators and continuous improvement opportunities.
• Interview and hire salaried associates up to Region Manager Level.
• Raise performance standards to coach people to higher levels of performance than they would realize on their own.
• Identify strong performers and provide them specific training and development plans.
• Actively review metrics and work with teams to improve performance.
• Actively engage in safety activities via safety team meetings, observations and audit (report outs).
• Instill in the operations leadership team and associates that safe performance is a critical element required to achieve success and is a recognized indicator of individual and team effectiveness.
• Actively participate in the development and effective execution region safety strategies and performance goals.
• Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies and company policies and procedures. May be internal to Penske or as extension of customer.
Growth / Customer Experience:
• Understand customer's business needs and proactively align resources to develop a solution.
• Review growth and retention initiatives with customer.
• Work with Customer Experience Team to capture all the value delivered on a monthly basis.
• Establish growth drive, vertical growth initiatives through targets and Operations Managers.
• Drive continuous improvement to the business using the best tools and technology available
• Develop a strong cohesive team that works together.
• Strive to be the Provider of Choice that customers recommend to others.
• Ensure we're taking and sustaining the customer's business to best in class from a supply chain perspective.
• Continually focus on improving each location's operational processes to increase service efficiency and value.
• Plan, staff and execute all operational start-ups.
• Drive consistent operational performance across all locations with a focus on safety, service, quality and cost.
• Identifies synergies among all of the locations to drive productivity and to implement best practices.
• Works with the location leaders to develop and implement annual business plans to meet the accounts financial objectives.
• Monitors rated vs. actual miles/hours on equipment and adjust with vendor if necessary.
• Maintain visibility to units on order and units terming to ensure equipment is properly situated in a timely manner.
• Work with Operations Managers to ensure damage on fleets is repaired in a timely manner and PM's are kept current.
• Embrace our engineering tools and look to utilize the best items for each account
• Participate in best practice sharing regarding cost saving and technology initiatives that better PL and our customer's business
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management preferred
• 6 - 10 years related functional experience, with P&L responsibility
• 3 - 5 years managerial experience
• Industry certifications preferred
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
• Project Management, including the ability to start-up or close-down an operation
• Engineering and IT awareness, including supply chain modeling
• Knowledge of Penske tools and technology (DCC, DCM, LLP/TM)
• Multiple Supply Chain Service Line experience preferred ((DCC, DCM, LLP/TM)
• Problem Solving / Process Improvement
• Executive level presentation skills
• Self-starter and highly motivated
• Highly organized and able to prioritize initiatives
• Financial acumen
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.