Responsible for the promotion of Walgreen's specialty pharmacy services to targeted physicians, nurses, practice managers and other referral sources in assigned territory. Works with clients to support and understand their overall business objectives and critical success factors. Establishes and utilizes professional relationships, internally and externally, to generate support for key initiatives, challenges, and opportunities within the territory. Develops and implements strategies and tactics to consistently met or exceed quarterly sales goals. Works across highly matrixed field organization including store operations, managed markets sales, government affairs, etc.Job Responsibilities
- Business Acumen - Demonstrates the analytical, marketplace, and clinical knowledge and skills required for the development of strategies that grow referrals. Exhibits strong technical proficiency in terms of the specialty pharmacy space and the services provided at Walgreens. Has a strong understanding of the competitive landscape and how to position Walgreens. Has a strong understanding of the market access environment and knows how to be successful with local challenges and opportunities. Uses all analytical resources and tools available to identify opportunities and challenges within territory and build a plan of action.
- Business Planning - Demonstrates ability an ability to build, adapt, and follow-through on an effective business plan that achieves and exceeds quarterly sales goals. Revaluates and adapts with changing market conditions. Invests time and effort in the areas with the greatest return on investment. Prioritizes and stays focused on end goals in order to maximize productivity efforts.
- Account Management - Uses all available information to understand customers' needs and to identify opportunities. Understands the complexity of the account and connect the dots on where and who can influence decisions. Creates account specific strategies and goals to grow or stabilize each individual account. Evaluates, tracks, and adjusts plan and goals as needed.
- Influence and Impact - Uses a wide variety of communication methods, selling skills, and promotional tools to appropriately influence and impact results. Can adjust messaging and style based on customer relationship (i.e. prospect, emerging, established). Listens, communicates, and shares information around Walgreen's Specialty Pharmacy services to develop trust that ultimately results in customer commitment.
- Business Partnering - Leverages resources within Walgreens sales and operations organizations-including Retail Management, Community Pharmacy, Central Fill, Sales Operations, Marketing, senior management, clinical staff and other functions to assist in both addressing customer issues and expanding our local business
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree and at least five (5) years of pharmaceutical or healthcare sales experience or High School Diploma/GED and at least 10 years of pharmaceutical or healthcare sales experience.
- Experience with advanced selling skills promoting either a product or service to a diverse set of healthcare professionals (physicians, hospitals, case managers, nurses, clinic).
- Experience developing a strategic business plan to hit financial targets within a multi-million dollar territory.
- Experience in diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve the problem.
- Experience collaborating with both internal and external resources to develop strategies that meet department and organizational goals.
- Knowledge of the healthcare industry and the delivery system within the specialty pharmacy and payer segments. In addition, experience with billing procedures for hospital, medical offices and Medicare (B / D benefits).
- Experience with analyzing and reporting sales data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience developing ways of accomplishing goals with little or no supervision, depending on oneself to complete objectives and determining when escalation of issues is necessary.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: opening a document, cutting, pasting and aligning text, selecting font type and size, changing margins and column width, sorting, inserting bullets, pictures and dates, using find and replace, undo, spell check, track changes, review pane and/or print functions).
- Basic skill level in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: inserting, rearranging, hiding and deleting slides, navigating between slides, increasing list level, adding, centering and editing text, changing views, inserting a table or a note, moving objects, printing outline view and/or running a slide show).
- Willing to travel at least 75% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor's degree with experience calling on HIV, Hep-C and chronic inflammatory disease specialists.
- Experience working with case management/discharge planning and other referral sources within a hospital infusion environment
- Experience selling in healthcare, managed care, Specialty Pharmacy.
- Experience working with community support groups for HIV and inflammatory diseases.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.