With a nationwide sales team and several manufacturing locations, B. Braun Medical has become a leading full-line supplier of healthcare products and services in the U.S. The company is committed to delivering innovative products and services with unmatched quality, superior technology, and cost-effectiveness, while maintaining environmental responsibility. Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. B. Braun employs over 4,500 people in the USA. B. Braun Medical Inc. began its operations in the USA in 1957. Initially, the company manufactured and sold disposable plastic syringes. During the 1980s and early 1990s, the company undertook several expansions and enlarged its product line of disposable medical devices. With the acquisition of McGaw, Inc. in 1997, including Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®), B. Braun dramatically broadened its product lines and services to U.S. customers.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic. Responsibilities Position Summary:
Implement, train, educate customers on capital equipment use and application for regional anesthesia. To provide clinical support for implementation and drive sales revenue of Pain Control Products with focus on disposable pain pumps and nerve block programs. Maintain and grow the current sales of B. Braun Pain Control Products in both the Hospital Care and OPM markets as it pertains to block programs to meet corporate growth objectives. Responsibilities: Essential Duties
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Work with Hospital Care and OPM sales specialists to close regional anesthesia capital equipment business and then clinically educate on closed business customers on proper equipment applications for regional anesthesia.
- Work with targeted Surgical specialties, Anesthesia and Nursing to qualify new leads and advance the sales process.
- Coordinate current targeted disposable pain pump accounts while driving the evaluation pain pump evaluation process within the region to include: training the clinician in anesthesia or surgery on application of pain pump. While working with sales specialist responsibilities include selecting the evaluation units, negotiating the quantity of product, length of the evaluation, training of Account and Distributor personnel and working with B.Braun resources on scheduling of sales and service support.
- Provide clinical training to Surgeons, Surgical PAs, Anesthesiologists, CRNAs, and other specialties on catheter placement techniques and PNB electronic pump placement.
- Lead Clinical training programs in regional anesthesia.
- Manage Key Opinion Leaders product evaluations and develop maintain relationship with leading post-op pain experts. Call on all buying influences to position the products value to meet customer's needs.
- Prepare financial analysis, proposals, clinical and competitive analysis for customers and prospects.
- Manage account strategies to include committee presentations, product evaluations and executive suite proposals.
- Coordinate pricing, proposals and presentations on products within management guidelines.
- Maintain awareness of competitive activity regarding pricing and sales and marketing strategies and tactics.
- Train and support B. Braun personnel on continuous catheter placement and competitive sales strategies.
- Drive win/win relationships and maintain customer satisfaction. Prospect and qualify territory for new leads through sales calls in person and over the telephone.
- Achieve 100% of sales plan.
- Perform periodic Market Research / clinical assessments and various administrative tasks as required.
- Conduct all transactions and manage all relationships with a high degree of integrity.
Qualifications Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc Required:
- Basic computer aptitude.
- Extensive knowledge of ultrasound and its clinical application in regional anesthesia procedures.
- Extensive knowledge of B.Braun's Pain Control products and services.
- Understanding of hospital and Ambulatory Surgery Center structure and role of personnel.
- Ability to influence clinicians.
- Ability to travel extensively and work odd hours and shifts.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Math aptitude.
- Ability to initiate projects and tasks with little or no direction.
- Ability to make decisions independently, sometimes without many facts available, to solve a customer problem or concern.
- Ability to work well independent of supervision, as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to work well with diverse personalities and backgrounds of people.
- Ability to handle high-pressure sales situations with confidence.
- Professional image
- Bachelor's Degree
- Clinical background with minimum 3 years of ultrasound experience in regional anesthesia, Familiarity with medical device Operating Room sales.
- Understand the surgery and anesthesia environment
- Comfortable selling in surgery - in both Hospitals & ASCs
- Possess knowledge of both product & anatomy to support proper use of pain pumps
- Ability to do territory planning, pre-call planning (new accounts or new territories)
- Ability to troubleshoot on product inquiries
- Ability to provide customer service support to account by providing solutions
- Able to create awareness for educational events
- Capability to maintain business and personal relationships with accounts
- Ability to learn competitors' products and stay up to date on market dynamics
- Capable of dealing with competitive threats
- Understand and demonstrate ability to handle administrative tasks such (e.g. contracts, proposals, pricing issues) if/when required
- Frequent overnight business travel (domestic).
- Valid driver's license and current automobile registration and insurance.
- Related training in selling and negotiating.
- Completion of B.Braun's graduate training curriculum.
- Disposable Pain Pump clinical experience
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled.
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
IN2017 Other Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
One of the world's leading healthcare suppliers.