Risk Selection / Technical Underwriting- Underwriting Discipline
- Is knowledgeable across all lines of surety business in the regional office.
- Takes initiative to stay informed and abreast of market developments and company business strategies
- Displays strong product knowledge, sales abilities and underwriting skills at transactional business level
- Is creative in use of underwriting tools and techniques to retain quality renewal book.
- Exhibit a commitment to finding ways to retain accounts without sacrificing quality; -
- Demonstrates ability to properly analyze, select and price business.
- Demonstrates skill in analysis of loss and risk information, recognition of "red flags" and inconsistencies in information, appropriate evaluation and efficiency in determining and obtaining "need to know" information.
- Effective in utilizing underwriting knowledge to successfully carry out respective profit and growth initiatives.
- Demonstrates underwriting acumen in making business decisions to manage book mix and leverages production opportunities to ensure territory profitability.
- Understands and communicates rationale for underwriting decisions.
Application of Technology
- Maintains a thorough understanding of bond's target products and programs.
- Can articulate the value proposition of The Hartford to customers and leverage relationships that may exist with other business segments (e.g. HFP, SpecialtyPrograms , alternative markets)
Agency Management - Book of Business Management
- Utilizes automation tools to support the underwriting process.
- Uses technology to access information to stay abreast of current issues and trends affecting the insurance industry, competitive data, risk/class specific information, marketplace data, etc.
- Focuses sales activities from a "big picture" or book of business perspective. Works with Business
- MBA strongly desired. Advanced insurance related designation (CPCU, IIA) preferred, but not required
- 8 years experience in bond industry
- Advanced insurance related designation (CPCU, IIA) preferred, but not required.
- Prior Underwriting leadership experience preferred
- A consistent high level of performance over the career span
- Completion of an assessment that measures leadership potential and decision making capability; results must be commensurate with the requirements for the position.?
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression