Janssen Pharmaceutical Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Region Business Director, Cardiovascular & Metabolism (CVM) to lead the New England Region which includes Northern New England, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Hudson River, and Upstate New York.
As a member of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., is dedicated to addressing and solving some of the most important unmet medical needs in cardiovascular and diabetes. Driven by our commitment to patients, we work together to bring innovative ideas, products, services and solutions to individuals with serious conditions, and to physicians throughout the world. For more about Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., one of the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, visithttp://www.janssenpharmaceuticalsinc.com. We are fostering an environment of performance excellence, built on trust, respect and accountability. Through an emphasis on strong leadership and people development, we will accelerate our sales growth and outperform the competition.
The Region Business Director (RBD) will:
- Strategically lead a team of District Managers, Health System Managers, and Cardiovascular & Institutional Specialists, who will call on Health Care Providers to support the use of Janssen Pharmaceuticals products in the treatment of relevant disease states within an assigned geographical region of one or more states.
- Develop and execute business plans, customized to meet region needs, while aligning to company, franchise, and brand strategies, and delivers compliant product sales growth and volume objectives, as well as effectively addressing the unique needs of the regional marketplace.
- Oversee the selection of new staff, and be responsible for motivating, coaching, developing, and retaining a diverse team of individuals who are technically able and who consistently execute the strategies of the business plan to deliver positive business results.
- Leverage technology including the computer and internet applications to optimize efficiency, planning and coordination of efforts.
- Identify and coordinate resources, monitor operating expenses, and maintain key relationships essential to achieving growth and profitability targets, regardless of market conditions.
- Elevate the sales team to a high performance, outcomes-focused, organization where diversity and inclusion are valued, and where the team’s skills, knowledge, and abilities continually evolve to meet future needs.
- Develop and apply next generation analytics, knowledge of the marketplace, clinical, and customer expertise.
- Coordinate efforts with business partners across the region and across accounts to deliver customer excellence, coordinate selling activities, reduce redundancy, and achieve sales quota, market share, market share growth, and other key sales metrics.
- Lead a team of leaders. All levels of leadership are responsible for developing their team members to expand their skill sets, improve performance, maintain motivation and high levels of engagement.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required
- A Master’s Degree in a related field or an MBA is preferred
- A minimum of eight (8) years of professional Sales and Sales Management or Marketing and /or Marketing Management experience within the pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device or healthcare industry is required
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience managing and leading a team is strongly preferred.
- Experience in related therapeutic areas including cardiovascular, diabetes or pain management is preferred
- Pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device or healthcare industry sales expertise with a deep understanding of the key stakeholders within the stated region is strongly preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 50% which may include overnights and/or weekends in support of the business is required
United States-Massachusetts-Other Locations
North America-United States-New York-Rochester, North America-United States-Connecticut, North America-United States-New York-Binghamton, North America-United States-New York-BuffaloOrganization
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc (6062)Job Function