Janssen Biotech, Inc., a member of Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.,
is recruiting for a Regional Business Director, Central (Gastroenterology). The
position is a field-based role with regional scope, and preference may be
granted to candidates who reside either within close proximity to the Horsham,
PA headquarters or within the Central
Region which encompasses the geographical area of Florida, Georgia, South Carolina,
North Carolina, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Tennessee, Indiana, Illinois,
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical
Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live
full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the
most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most
promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Biotech, Inc. delivers on the promise of
new treatments and ways to improve the health of individuals with serious
disease. Built upon a legacy of innovative firsts, Janssen Biotech pursues
advancing patient care with immunology and oncology solutions. Please visit www.JanssenBiotech.com for
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us.
Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of
everyone in it.
The Gastroenterology Region Business Director (RBD) is a
leadership position and is accountable to effectively lead, develop, and
directly manage a team of District Managers (DMs) and Immunology Sales
Specialists (ISSs) who have sales responsibilities across Janssen Biotech’s
Gastroenterology accounts as well as interfacing with a wide range of
The Region Business Director is:
- Responsible for leading their team to maximize sales
opportunities. The incumbent must be highly collaborative and prioritize
opportunities and aid the team in securing and applying resources and efforts
to maximize results.
- Responsible for the development and execution of an aligned
business plan, customized to meet the needs of the Janssen business and brand
strategies which delivers compliant product sales growth and volume objectives,
while effectively addressing the unique needs and requirements of the customer
and the marketplace.
- Collaborates extensively at all organizational levels with key
internal partners (i.e. Sales Leadership, Brand, Strategic Customer Group,
Pricing Strategy, Commercial Excellence, etc.) as well as external stakeholders
to develop optimal access and establish relationships and effective operating
networks to facilitate positive business interactions.
- Responsible for leading, motivating, coaching, developing, and
retaining a diverse team of individuals who are technically competent and
skilled in the Janssen business, the healthcare marketplace, and account
management. They will develop and coach both District Managers and Sales
Specialists on critical business competencies and leadership imperatives within
their area of responsibility.
- Coaches others to effectively convince internal and external
stakeholders to build mutual alignment, adopt difficult positions, and achieve
outcomes that are both customer-centric and company responsible. All
responsibilities of the Region Business Director are carried out with strict
adherence to the J&J Credo and HCC guidelines.
- The successful candidate will set overall account goals and
objectives, and lead development and provide oversight of account metrics and
- A minimum of a BA/BS degree is required
- An advanced degree such as an MBA or Pharm D is preferred
- A valid driver's license issued in one of the fifty (50) states
and the willingness to travel up to 50% as needed in support of the business is
- Candidates must satisfy reasonable credentialing requirements,
including, but not limited to TB tests, Hepatitis B vaccine, MMR (measles,
mumps, rubella) and Varicella (chicken pox).
- Minimum 5 years of cross functional experience in key commercial roles including
sales, marketing, strategic marketing, Access/Payer, Marketing, Analytics,
Business Development etc.
- Prior direct people management / leadership experience
- Ability to lead, develop, coach and engage high performing,
diverse teams. Very strong communications skills.
- Strong demonstrated leadership skills consistent with the J&J
Leadership Imperatives (Connect / Shape / Deliver / Lead).
- Demonstrated commercial capabilities and success in prior
- Ability to maximize business opportunities and insights.
- Strong ability to innovate, collaborate and deliver results.
- Cross functional experience beyond solely sales and sales learning
& development is preferred
- Health care or related experience, including pharmaceuticals is
- Prior experience in sales as either a professional sales representative
and /or District Manager is preferred
- Direct experience in in-line marketing and/or strategic marketing
- Demonstrated capabilities and traits for career path versatility
to progress to other key roles is preferred
United States-Pennsylvania-HorshamOther Locations
North America-United States-Tennessee, North America-United States-Illinois, North America-United States-Florida, North America-United States-Indiana, North America-United States-North Carolina, North America-United States-Georgia, North America-United States-Louisiana, North America-United States-Mississippi, North America-United States-South Carolina, North America-United States-Alabama, North America-United States-MinnesotaOrganization
Janssen Biotech, Inc. (6014)Job Function
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.