The Regional Business Manager (RBM) will have direct responsibility representing Shire products to medical professionals (endocrinologists, nephrologists, internists, nurses, pharmacists and other professionals outlined by the Company) who specialize in the treatment of hypoparathyroidism. The ABS's will be expected to demonstrate a high level of professionalism, competency and to operate in a compliant manner at all times while achieving their respective objectivesResponsibilities
Job Function and Description
40% of Time
- Clearly understand and implement the marketing plan, accurately articulate the value proposition of the brand, and utilize on-label and CMLR-approved marketing materials only in order to attain sales/patient objectives for assigned products on a monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis.
- Communicate all disease, product, and formulary information in a manner that is truthful and non-misleading, consistent with Shire compliance policies and all applicable laws and regulations.
- Individual must use discretion and judgment when executing the brand strategy within the assigned customer population, which may include physicians within specialty medical practices and their staff, specialists within local hospitals and clinics, and pharmacists within a specific geographic area.
- ABS must be able to analyze local and regional business/managed markets trends in order to build both long and short terms goals that lead to a successful business plan.
30% of Time
- Work in a complex environment encompassing compliant coordination with Care Coordinators, Patient Access, Specialty Pharmacies, Corporate Communications and Medical Affairs.
- Create productive business partnerships with internal customers in order to create compliant plans for selling approaches that align with the company and territory business plans.
- Seek clarification from management and/or Compliance & Legal when uncertain whether a proposed activity could violate the law.
- Meet regularly with targeted HCP's and staff within assigned geography to understand their needs and discuss whether Shire and Shire products could meet their identified needs.
- Develop relationships with applicable patient and Hypoparathyroid focused advocacy groups within assigned territory.
20% of Time
- Utilize a consultative selling approach. This will be a highly technical, solution-oriented selling model enabling the representative to meet the needs of healthcare professionals who treat hypoparathyroid patients.
- Focus efforts on achieving greatest positive patient impact.
- Meet key thought leaders in the assigned therapeutic disease state to learn how Shire can support optimal patient outcomes
10% of Time
Education and Experience Requirements
- Manage a territory marketing and promotional speaker program budget in a manner that complies with all Shire compliance policies.
- Share best practices and actively participate in Regional/National meetings
- Utilize CRM system to document account profiles, pre and post call activities.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in life science, business, or healthcare preferred
- Minimum of 5 + years of pharmaceutical sales experience
- Preferred experience includes:
- specialty injectable sales
- selling a product that is distributed through a specialty pharmacy
- Experience selling a product that requires extensive coordination with patient access services
- Working knowledge of Endocrinology
- orphan drug and highly specialized medical sales experience
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex technical data and to develop strategic and actionable business plans
- Must have valid driver's license issued in US with clean driving record
- Must live in territory
Travel within the assigned territory on a routine basis; some overnight travel is required to see all target customers, attend meetings on a local and national basis and training sessions as required for this position
A little about us:
At Shire, we help people with rare diseases and specialized conditions live their lives to the fullest.