Location: Newark, Ohio - United States PURPOSE OF THE JOB
As the primary expert on delivery of capital projects at the Newark, OH plant, the Regional Capital Project Engineer will partner with the Newark team, and occasionally other Insulation manufacturing plants, to lead the installation of capital projects on time, on budget, and with zero injuries to OC employees or contractors.
- Safety - Our employees live injury-free lives
- Productivity Improvement - All lines continually increasing productivity gains
- Product Quality - We provide the best quality to our customers
- Capital - We have the right capital deployed and utilized to achieve manufacturing excellence
: Regional Engineering LeaderSpan of Control
: Projects focus will be at the Newark plant, but may be in any Insulation manufacturing plant in the Americas. Work of this role impacts key operational results in any facility where projects are lead.JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Provides leadership and project management on initiatives to improve product quality, equipment uptime, and line utilization. (50%)
- Adhere to SAFE and Critical 6 requirements when implementing new processes
- Adhere to all plant and position-specific safety policies, procedures, and standards
- Lead all aspects of multiple projects simultaneously by networking with engineering firms.Activity to include directing scope definition and cost estimates, defining control strategies, directing and coordinating resources for commissioning and startup.
- Monitor projects for compliance to applicable codes and accepted engineering practices.
- Utilize effective project management techniques, such as the SAP project module, to lead projects.
- Ensure all projects are delivered consistent with scope and expectations around operability and cost.
- Manage the plants capital plan.
Provides project management to capital projects to ensure on-time and on-budget completion. (30%)
- Oversee contract requirements and ensure contractor work is being performed in proper manner.
- Achieve zero injuries in capital projects by ensuring safety through design and in construction and start-up
- Apply sound engineering practices towards the completion of improvement projects.
- Manage capital projects up to $1MM+ from start to finish--write capital approval requests, ensure the requested funding is consistent with all project requirements, and execute for on-time, on-budget completion.
- Ensure timing from inception through start-up and commissioning is met in all cases.
Coaches, trains, mentors and provides leadership to maintenance technicians and supervisors for troubleshooting procedures and resolution to technical problems. Assist maintenance on projects as required. (20%)JOB REQUIREMENTSMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology, or closely related field
- 5 years of experience in engineering project management, managing projects small to large ($1MM+)
- 7 years of manufacturing experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Background in continuous manufacturing preferred
- Leadership experience in a matrix environment
About Owens Corning
- General understanding of all applicable codes
- Knowledge and experience in project management including writing scope and cost estimates, contractor bid packages, evaluating vendor proposals, and preparing Capital Appropriation Requests for approval
- Strong project leadership skills and able to manage projects through to completion
- Ability to lead change through influence and without having direct line leadership of the team
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills to quickly assess situations, develop appropriate solutions, and manage execution
- Able to utilize data and data collection systems for problem-solving and decision-making to eliminate manufacturing losses and unnecessary costs
- General knowledge of Root Cause Failure Analysis or equivalent process
- Ability to change directions quickly, in regards to work type, work load, and schedule
- External perspective and understands that all business opportunities start with knowledge of how to create value for customer
- Strong planning, resourcing and delegation skills
- Able to achieve results fast both individually and through teams
- Able to utilize OC systems and the necessary software
- Work may include weekends or holidays to minimize production downtimes
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company's market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 16,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 62 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com .A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we'll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.