Overview: Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Description: Conducts cash audits at field locations with an emphasis on areas of greater risk. Performs the in-office planning, fieldwork, follow-up to fieldwork and report preparation on audit areas assigned. Periodically apprises the Audit Manager and business unit Directors/Managers of Compliance of progress and results of audit work performed. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Performs cash audits at field locations, reporting to the Audit Manager or Directors/Managers of Compliance significant matters and status of the work assigned:
- Develops an engagement plan prior to fieldwork by analyzing business unit and field information.
- Performs audit work efficiently and effectively in accordance with the audit programs established. Documents audit procedures performed which support audit conclusions in workpapers. Exercises judgment and creativity when performing audit projects which are not guided by the pre-established audit programs.
- Drafts audit reports which are meaningful and in a clear and concise format for report users. Ensures that audit issues are adequately supported in the workpapers. Submits completed workpapers and a draft audit report to the Audit Manager for review.
- Performs closing conferences; effectively communicates with headquarters, front line and district personnel by emphasizing the value to the auditee of the audit findings which result from high quality testwork performed.
- Clears audit recommendations with headquarters, front line, district and regional management and obtains responses to audit recommendations, when required. Presents to management and clears additional audit findings as a result of supervisory review of the workpapers.
- Identifies instances of infrequently occurring transactions or events which arise during the course of the audit and informs the Audit Manager and/or Directors/Managers of Compliance of appropriate alternative audit procedures to be performed.
- Proposes to the Audit Manager or Directors/Managers of Compliance updates/changes to the audit program, when warranted.
- Obtains an in-depth understanding of field and financial operations, thereby increasing the value to the company and business unit of the internal audit process.
Reports to the Cash Audit Manager who reports into the Audit & Controls Group and works closely with the
individual business unit Directors/Managers of Compliance. Position requires judgment and tact, as
well as solid communication (written and verbal), investigative and managerial skills.
Qualifications: Position requires a bachelor's degree, preferably in accounting.
Two to three years of previous auditing and/or accounting experience is required; public accounting experience, a CPA, CIA, or equivalent is preferred.
Position requires about 80% regional travel (opportunity for domestic travel).
Locations: Northeast Region
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.