Regional Category Manager - Human Capital - Boston, MA
Company: EMC is now part of Dell Technologies
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posted: December 24, 2016
Reference ID: 160013AZ
Want to join a world-class global procurement organization where you can drive change while building a long-term career? Dell’s procurement organization offers the opportunity to learn industry leading skills through our in-house training programs and top of the line career development courses. Recognized for our world-class processes, as a member of the Worldwide Procurement team you will have an opportunity to support Dell’s transformation strategy, develop your career, and partner with a diverse team of talented procurement experts.
Dell’s Worldwide Procurement team is seeking an experienced category manager based in United States to help drive our procurement transformation globally. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of success in leading IT consulting services based purchasing categories and will be able to implement best practices in areas such as cost management and supplier relationship management.
- Manage Dell's relationship with critical IT Consulting suppliers
- Service as the subject matter expert for purchasing IT services and consulting
- Executing strategic sourcing plans and communicate them to executives
- Understanding key cost drivers and developing should-cost models
- Negotiating cost and contract terms
- Collaborate with suppliers to improve performance and innovate
- Benchmarking procurement trends for assigned category
- Participate in transformational initiatives and strive to continually improve procurement processes and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain or related field and 4 years of procurement experience in a corporate environment
- 2 years of procurement experience as a category manager or similar role, with indirect or general procurement categories
- Strong analytical capabilities including report development and analysis as well as making data-driven recommendations and decisions
- Ability to build effective business relationships internally and externally
- Ability to clearly communicate across all levels of the organization
- Strong presentation delivery and development skills
- Effective project/program management capabilities
- Experience working with IT Consulting Services suppliers
- MBA is desirable
- Experience with e-procurement tools such as Ariba
- Category management or similar procurement experience with professional services categories
- Experience working within a company and/or organization undergoing a transformation
- Multiple years of experience working within a large, global, center-led procurement team
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
**Job:** **Procurement and Supply Chain - Global Commodity Management*
**Title:** *Regional Category Manager - Human Capital - Boston, MA*
**Requisition ID:** *160013AZ*
**Other Locations:** *North America-US-TX-Round Rock*